jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

I got my first funny vote!

1. Elizabeth Bowers profile image94
    Elizabeth Bowersposted 2 years ago

I'm so excited!  I've always fancied myself to be funny, but I hadn't gotten any funny votes in my 3 weeks here - probably because I was writing on more serious topics for the most part.  But I got a funny vote on my scariest episodes of Doctor Who Hub!  And now I feel legitimately funny... does that mean that my qualifications for self-fulfillment are sad, considering I'm basing my writing funny-ness on HubPages votes?  big_smile

1. ChristinS profile image95
      ChristinSposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Not at all smile I mostly do tutorials and informative posts.  One day I decided to try my hand at some snarky, sarcastic kind of humor with one of my hubs and I was thrilled to get "legit" funny votes.  I also received several comments on the hub that were approving.

A lot of people are pistols and will vote a serious hub "funny" if they disagree with your stance on something etc.  That little passive aggressive dig makes them feel better or something.  I was pretty stoked when I got my first several legit "funny" votes smile

1. word55 profile image85
        word55posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Liz? After coming all the way here to read your important post I thought, wow! She's f-u-n-n-y for real :-)

2. Jodah profile image87
      Jodahposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Now I have to go read that hub. I am a real Dr Who fan.