jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Sports talk

1. Dustin Poynter profile image59
    Dustin Poynterposted 2 years ago

Sup, guys? I'm new to HubPages. I'm a 22-year-old soon-to-be online journalism graduate and I love sports.

I just posted a blog about this, but I wanna hear you guys' opinion. Where do you all think Carmelo Anthony is headed this offseason? I think he's staying with the Knicks, but I'd like to hear more opinions.

1. lions44 profile image93
      lions44posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Good luck. And great topic. 
      As a Knick fan, I would like him gone. Nothing personal against him. Just don't think he's into rebuilding and he doesn't play defense, and in today's NBA, you have to play both ends of the floor. That's why he can't go to Chicago. Thibodeau demands too much during the regular season.  If Miami has the money (i.e. get rid of Chris Bosh and Duane Wade (sacrilege, I know)), he should go there.  He could be Lebron's Pippen.  Houston is a good fit too.  He could join Harden in not playing defense.  My gut says Miami.  Riley will find a way to dump Bosh and his ridiculous $$$.  LeBron and Wade will take a pay cut and they'll find some role players (guys who will play D).

2. swilliams profile image81
    swilliamsposted 2 years ago

Welcome! Sports talk! I take it you will be writing about sports? Nice to meet you New kid on the block! Write On!

1. Dustin Poynter profile image59
      Dustin Poynterposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Definitely will. Good to meet you! Thank you!

3. Thief12 profile image91
    Thief12posted 2 years ago

I think he will stay. He likes New York, his wife likes New York, and I think Phil Jackson will make a good enough pitch for him to stay.

I seriously doubt that he will go to Miami because I don't think any side will agree. The Heat can't afford him, and I don't think neither Melo nor Lebron would want to share the spotlight.