jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

New to the Hub!

1. Johnny Caito profile image60
    Johnny Caitoposted 2 years ago

Hi everyone,

My name is Johnny, and I submitted my very first Hub today. I'm pretty excited to get going, and see what I can accomplish here.

Here's my first one: http://johnnycaito.hubpages.com/hub/How … -Beer-Snob

I received a score of 63 on this one. Is that good? I would love some feedback as to whether or not it looks like I'm on the right track. As I dive into it more, I'm sure I'll discover how I can gain more followers, and get more views.

Anyway, glad to be here!

Cheers!

1. Arthur Keyword profile image60
      Arthur Keywordposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Wow!! it seems that your are catching up very quick. I remember my first hub was had a score of 69 points. But yours it seems that it had much value to offer

2. profile image0
    missiruppposted 2 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages. My first hub was around 79 but I have since improved it, and with every new hub, I get better. I looked at your hub and a couple of ways to get a higher score would be to add text boxes where you teach me a bit about beer. What causes a beer to be "too thin"? What's a hop? An IPA? Do you have a popular brewer where you live? If so, add a map and let me know where it is located. Also what you like about it. And to get around the photo copyrights, I try and take as many of my own photos as I can to source myself. Take a look at some hubs and it will get easier and you will score higher in time. My last hub scored a 90. Sorry so long winded.

3. Johnny Caito profile image60
    Johnny Caitoposted 2 years ago

Wow. That's a great response. Thanks for taking the time to write all of that. Very good tips.

Prost! (that's Cheers in German!)
    Na Zdravi! (that's Cheers in Czech).

--Johnny

4. Solaras profile image91
    Solarasposted 2 years ago

Hi Johnny - Welcome to HubPages!
    Over time the score of hubs can move up or down.  Any time you make updates to your hub, it will get a new score when you resubmit it.

Videos are always great to add to your hubs. And polls can be fun; I am sometimes surprised to see how many people have taken the time to vote in a poll.

Good luck to you!

5. profile image0
    LisaKeatingposted 2 years ago

I just read your beer hub. One of the things I noticed was that all of your photo capsules are full size. Use the sideways arrow button to make some of them 1 column in width and push them up next to a relevant text capsule. It will make your layout more appealing.

1. Arthur Keyword profile image60
      Arthur Keywordposted 2 years ago in reply to this

that is true lisa,i remember mine got rejected because lack of photos. I had to upload some for it to be accepted

6. Thelma Alberts profile image82
    Thelma Albertsposted 2 years ago

Hi Johnny! I like your beer hub. It was good. I see you have a lot of tips already. I would put some photos next to the relevant text you mentioned and add some videos from you tube. Enjoy hubbing!

7. msdielise profile image61
    msdieliseposted 2 years ago

Hello there and welcome. I am also new here in Hubpages. I am a bit busy atm but I'll be publishing hubs very soon! I hope you will read mine too!

8. Vvitta profile image61
    Vvittaposted 2 years ago

Welcome. i am new here too. Unfortunately, I wrote more in the beginning and kinda slowed down now. Need to find a pace and keep it. Hope you like it here. It is a great place to be with very supporting fellow writers.

working