jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

New to the Hub!

1. Johnny Caito profile image61
    Johnny Caitoposted 2 years ago

Hi everyone,

My name is Johnny, and I submitted my very first Hub today. I'm pretty excited to get going, and see what I can accomplish here.

Here's my first one: http://johnnycaito.hubpages.com/hub/How … -Beer-Snob

I received a score of 63 on this one. Is that good? I would love some feedback as to whether or not it looks like I'm on the right track. As I dive into it more, I'm sure I'll discover how I can gain more followers, and get more views.

Anyway, glad to be here!

1. Arthur Keyword profile image61
      Arthur Keywordposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Wow!! it seems that your are catching up very quick. I remember my first hub was had a score of 69 points. But yours it seems that it had much value to offer

2. 0
    missiruppposted 2 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages. My first hub was around 79 but I have since improved it, and with every new hub, I get better. I looked at your hub and a couple of ways to get a higher score would be to add text boxes where you teach me a bit about beer. What causes a beer to be "too thin"? What's a hop? An IPA? Do you have a popular brewer where you live? If so, add a map and let me know where it is located. Also what you like about it. And to get around the photo copyrights, I try and take as many of my own photos as I can to source myself. Take a look at some hubs and it will get easier and you will score higher in time. My last hub scored a 90. Sorry so long winded.

3. Johnny Caito profile image61
    Johnny Caitoposted 2 years ago

Wow. That's a great response. Thanks for taking the time to write all of that. Very good tips.

Prost! (that's Cheers in German!)
    Na Zdravi! (that's Cheers in Czech).

4. Solaras profile image93
    Solarasposted 2 years ago

Hi Johnny - Welcome to HubPages!
    Over time the score of hubs can move up or down.  Any time you make updates to your hub, it will get a new score when you resubmit it.

Videos are always great to add to your hubs. And polls can be fun; I am sometimes surprised to see how many people have taken the time to vote in a poll.

Good luck to you!

5. 0
    LisaKeatingposted 2 years ago

I just read your beer hub. One of the things I noticed was that all of your photo capsules are full size. Use the sideways arrow button to make some of them 1 column in width and push them up next to a relevant text capsule. It will make your layout more appealing.

1. Arthur Keyword profile image61
      Arthur Keywordposted 2 years ago in reply to this

that is true lisa,i remember mine got rejected because lack of photos. I had to upload some for it to be accepted

6. Thelma Alberts profile image83
    Thelma Albertsposted 2 years ago

Hi Johnny! I like your beer hub. It was good. I see you have a lot of tips already. I would put some photos next to the relevant text you mentioned and add some videos from you tube. Enjoy hubbing!

7. msdielise profile image60
    msdieliseposted 2 years ago

Hello there and welcome. I am also new here in Hubpages. I am a bit busy atm but I'll be publishing hubs very soon! I hope you will read mine too!

8. Vvitta profile image61
    Vvittaposted 2 years ago

Welcome. i am new here too. Unfortunately, I wrote more in the beginning and kinda slowed down now. Need to find a pace and keep it. Hope you like it here. It is a great place to be with very supporting fellow writers.