jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Google Map Satellite View Screenshot? Try Map capsule

1. Pico Triano profile image85
    Pico Trianoposted 2 years ago

I working on a hub right now that would be enhanced by a screenshot from the Google Map Satellite View. The fact that my subject can be made out on the satellite image is just too cool. If you're familiar with my writing here and on Bubblews, you'll notice I use virtually all my own images or images I've personally been given permission to use. In using the proposed image, I don't know what rules I might be breaking or should be following. I've searched the subject here but I haven't found the information terribly clear on the subject. Anyone able to shed a little light on the subject would be appreciated.

1. mary615 profile image93
      mary615posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like a great idea, but I'm not sure about this.  Wonder if you could find a suitable photo on Wikimedia?

Pico Trianoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I doubt if I'll be able to see what I'm looking for there but I'll check it out. Thanks for the reply.

2. missolive profile image94
      missoliveposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I would just take the screenshot and identify the source.

Example...

Source: Google Maps
      Description: screenshot of....

My understanding is the use of screenshots are ok as long as they are attributed (screenshot of www.site...). I wish I could identify and remember how I knew that though smile

Good luck to you, Marisa / MissOlive

1. missolive profile image94

By the way, there is a "map" capsule available when you build a hub. It has a drop down list with satellite views as an option. Give it a try. smile

Thanks! I'll take a look at the map capsule. I'm not sure it'll show the detail I found on google but if it does I'm home free anyway.

2. Pico Triano profile image85

Ha! It shows exactly the same way. As long as it comes through when I publish, it will be a great addition to the hub.

1. missolive profile image94

Great! Glad it worked out big_smile

working