jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Creative commons

1. Arthur Keyword profile image59
    Arthur Keywordposted 2 years ago

Do hubs have creative common license?

1. Barbara Kay profile image86
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If I understand your question correctly, no the hubs are not creative commons works. The hubs are not to be copied and shared in any way.

1. relache profile image88
        relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Barbara, given that the admin of this site just finished designing and testing social media buttons, for the express purpose of sharing our Hubs, I don't agree with this one statement of yours.

Arthur, the FAQ and Learning Center both talk about Creative Commons and how authors can use those designations on the site.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/How- … -Your-Hubs

1. Barbara Kay profile image86
          Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Maybe I better study more what a Creative Commons License covers. If they can freely use my photos anywhere, I'm not sure I want to share them here.

I don't mind social sites to share my links, but I don't want anyone to use them on their websites without permission.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
            Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

A Creative Commons license is something that your would need to explicitly designate for your content. A Hub would only have Creative Commons licensing if the author chooses to do so.

Here is a bit more information about Creative Commons.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
          psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

What exactly are you disagreeing with?

The help page may link to it but the lowest CC that exists (as far as I can see) allows people to use your entire hub so long as they attribute it to you. 

Because social media is to spread a link and short teaser.  It grants no license to use my hubs outside of short excerpts covered by normal fair use.  CC does not offer a license for "all rights reserved" and so does not apply. Hub pages does not allow non-exclusive material.

I think Barbara was 100% correct. What am I missing?

3. WryLilt profile image89
          WryLiltposted 2 years ago in reply to this

There is a big difference between sharing a link and copying the content.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

No, the writer owns the copyright and you may not copy them without permission.   

You can choose to make your Hubs creative commons licensed if you wish.