jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Moving pieces.

1. krillco profile image94
    krillcoposted 2 years ago

Two questions: I'm thinking of moving some Hubs from under a pseudonym I use to my actual name I use for most of my Hubs...anyone done this? Implications or problems? Second question: If I move those same Hubs off of Hubpages and to my own blog site, how hard is it for them to get 'refound' by readers via Google? Does the article still get listed as on Hubpages? Thanks for answers in advance!

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Once you move a hub, it is as if it never existed. So if you publish it again, it will be like a new piece of content and its age with Google will reset. Also, if anyone has copied it anywhere, those pieces will appear as the original first article to Google.

Generally I'd say... don't move content.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

What WryLilt is describing is what would happen if you just picked an article, deleted it and reposted it.

It's completely possible to move Hub content from one Hub account to another, or to another site, and not have issues with copies, etc, but 1) it takes some doing to do it right and 2) if it is an established Hub, you will be losing all of the accumulated maturity (linking, liking, whatnot) on that original Hub property.

But people move their content around all the time.  It's a great way to shoot yourself in the foot if you don't do it right, and it can be just what stalled-but-rich content needs on a site where it's just not working.

You won't know which until after you move the content and see what happens or if you missed anything.

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 2 years ago in reply to this