jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Referrals ... Relatives?

1. Athlyn Green profile image91
    Athlyn Greenposted 2 years ago

Can we, using our tracking code, refer a family member to HubPages, so that we earn a percentage on their pages or is this a violation of HubPages TOS?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Athlyn,

You can definitely refer relatives. There aren't any restrictions on who or how many people you can refer with your tracking code. smile

1. PegCole17 profile image90
        PegCole17posted 2 years ago in reply to this

This is definitely good news. Several of my relatives have signed up to write under one of my referral trackers. At some future point, maybe they will get going strong.
        I have run into the multiple accounts thing with Adsense when the hubby tried to sign up. One per household, it seems.

1. DreamerMeg profile image88
          DreamerMegposted 2 years ago in reply to this

my daughter wanted to sign up for adsense too. At first I got an automatic "No" but once I submitted the query form, we both were allowed our accounts.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Unless you have an extremely skilled writer for a relative who also happens to be a web marketer, don't expect to see anything beyond a few pennies for referrals. 

Also note, AdSense has rules about multiple accounts in one household and/or family and those change from country to country, and that has tripped people up in the past trying this same strategy.

3. Artois52 profile image90
    Artois52posted 2 years ago

They would have to be really mean to count that as a violation. Family or not, your are introducing a new member who will generate more revenue for Hub Pages.