jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

original source for pictures

1. CatherineGiordano profile image90
    CatherineGiordanoposted 2 years ago

If I find a picture I want to use on the net and I want to find the owner of that pictue (original source), how can I find it?

If the owner gives permission for me to use it, what next?

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

If the owner gives permission the specify how they want it attributed and you do that.

But honestly, the effort/reward ratio is low for going to all that trouble.  It is easier to search databases of photos already under a creative commons license.

CatherineGiordanoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your reply.

3. Dan Ferrell profile image97
    Dan Ferrellposted 2 years ago

Look for the copyright link to see if the owner has given others permission to use the picture and under what terms. Usually you'll see a CC By, (give credit and a link back to the source of the picture) or a Public Domain license. Other than that, you can look for an email address to contact the owner, if you find one, and ask for permission.

CatherineGiordanoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

thanks.  let's say I see a picture of pinterest. Chances are the one who pinned it does not own it.  I tried right clicking and then clicking "source", but I don't think that does it.  Sometimes I will see something that is just so perfect it is worth the trouble of asking for permission.

4. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 2 years ago

The best thing I ever did for original pictures was get a camera.

working