jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What makes a great hubpages member?

1. Pico Triano profile image86
    Pico Trianoposted 3 years ago

My writing time is very limited so I'm aware that I'm not likely to light this site on fire. I'm doing good to post an article a week. I try to participate in the forums and I hop a hub here and there. All things considered I think I'm doing alright. My goals here are long term so while I want to make money I'm not in a great rush.

I do want to maximize the time I have here on the site while I learn the ropes. What do you think makes someone successful here? What is the best way to become a respected useful member of the Hubpages community?

1. relache profile image85
      relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What is your definition of the word "successful?"  Different people are here for different reasons, so how to be successful can vary a lot depending on what your ambitions and goals are.

1. Pico Triano profile image86
        Pico Trianoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

By successful I mean someone who is making a stable income even if it is a humble amount. It would also include improving as a writer and connecting with other writers here on the site.

2. dwelburn profile image95
    dwelburnposted 3 years ago

Sounds like you are doing great. Remember to leave a comment on the hubs you read if you have something to say. Other than that I can't suggest anything else. Best of luck.

3. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 3 years ago

As for your writing ambitions and connection wishes, those just take time and practice.

As far as a stable income even a humble amount, my personal opinion based on being here for almost eight years now is that you can't make even a humble, stable income entirely from here anymore unless you get hired on as a permanent employee.

And as the person voted most likely to be an employee last year, I can tell you HubPages isn't hiring.

working