jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Google gets rid of profile pic in search results.

1. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 2 years ago

Remember when your profile pic showed up in the search results along with your article on Google? They're getting of it. I was tempted to feel like this doesn't mean anything, but I think the pic makes people click through. At any rate, it doesn't get rid of authorship, just the pic. More over here: http://searchengineland.com/google-play … unt-195163

2. viryabo profile image87
    viryaboposted 2 years ago

I never really liked the idea of my picture showing anyway.

3. EricDockett profile image95
    EricDockettposted 2 years ago

If I'm understanding the article correctly, I think this is fantastic.

I always hated the idea that some writers got an alleged advantage just because they chose to participate in a particular social media platform. It was getting to the point where you felt almost bullied into the authorship markup even if you didn't otherwise care about it.

I see the value in Google+, but I'm glad they're making the playing field more even for those of us who aren't so social. Although this doesn't say authorship doesn't matter, or won't matter more in the future, at least it gets rid of some of the visual special treatment in the SERPs.

1. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'd have to agree with that. I think the main value of authorship is to show that your work is your work.

2. janshares profile image86
      jansharesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Good point, EricDockett

4. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

I am glad I saw this thread. I can now officially stop feeling guilty about my avatar choices not showing in search results. Spot is equally pleased at the cessation of this discrimination. big_smile