Wow, I just noticed!! My Google Search Rank!

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (41 posts)
  1. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

I am #3 for the term "Going to the park"
    The significance is, it is out of 358,000,000 (358MILLION) Results!

Pic Proof:

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/thranax/3searchwin.gif

Good Luck with Page Rank,

~thranax~

1. JamaGenee profile image78
      JamaGeneeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Applause!!  Applause! 

Just for grins, I checked "why I rent not own".  #1!  Woohoo!  (Ah, fleeting fame...)  cool

2. quicksand profile image81
      quicksandposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hey, I get very few hits to that page of mine though. On an average only a hundred hits a day. I know that it's near impossible to get something in the "work at home" category on page one where the number of searches a day amounts to nearly a million (I believe)

Happy googling! smile

3. Eric Graudins profile image60
      Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi Thranax.
      You're going to hate me, but I think I need to clear up some confusion.

There AREN'T 358 million results for your phrase
      going to the park

There ARE 358 million pages with the those words on the same page.
      And so a page with the phrase
      I'm going to the shop but I need to park my car first
      would also appear in that total.

To get the number of pages that had the actual phrase "going to the park" on them you have to put quote marks around your search in google. Like this.
      "going to the park"
      You'll see that there are 2 million pages with this exact term.

I've written a couple of information hubs that shine some light onto the very misunderstood world of keywords.
      http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Choose-S … e-Keywords

thranaxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Lol, it's ok, I don't hate you. See the way I view it is most people don't use "going to the park" as a search at first.

Most people in general just Open then browser, type www.google.com and in the search type something they want to know general like maybe how to make money. To them it doesn't matter what the results show for the set of words as long at the site looks like it will be good enough for them. I'm just happy because both just normal and with the " " that my hub is on the front page of both (and #1 on the "going to the park"). Sure, there will be a lot of different results if they add the " " but really think how many people do that. Seo has to incomplete how people find site correct? Well I often find them without the " " and I know a lot of others do to! Again, just my view on it, if both paths = mine being up front then it's a win win in my eyes!

Thanks for the clarification too btw,

~thranax~

4. mandybeau profile image59
      mandybeauposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Google loves you, wondering same hows the traffic?

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

That's cool! smile Any traffic?

3. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

Yeah! Right now its the one with the most reported views. Although, this number is still low -.- I'm hoping it goes up with the season!

~thranax~

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 15 years ago

Congratulations. Hope the placement works wonders for your traffic.

I have been amazed at how great hubpages rank in google. I really wasn't expecting that!

5. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 15 years ago

#5 on my google search but first page for a pretty general term, congrats!

When signed into your google accounts, your google search results will be effected by your previous search history...so sometimes sites of your own that you visit regularly will be artificially inflated in teh rankings compared to what another user would see in their unique search results

6. danjutsu profile image61
    danjutsuposted 15 years ago

Nice one. How did you capture the Google page and paste it as a picture. I got number one for my article "no frills self defence with a pen" and wanted to save the page but couldnt do it. I am thick as three fridge doors by the way so go easy with the jargon.

1. JamaGenee profile image78
      JamaGeneeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

danjutsu, thick as three fridge doors is better than being three sandwiches short of a picnic like some people (who shall remain nameless).  cool cool

2. thranax profile image72

Well, I used ScreenHunter 5 which is a freeware screen capture tool, you can also use print screen on pcs.
      I then edited it with Fireworks 8 (im into graphic design) or you can paste it into paint for simple edits and sizing! Then just go to a free host like photobucket.com or imageshack.us and take the url and put it in between the codes:
      [img]LINK LOCATION[/img]

Hope you get it to work,

~thranax~

3. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Two possible ways: use the fireshot addon for firefox explained here:
      http://hubpages.com/hub/10-indispensabl … -and-blogs

even without firefox you can do the following

on the top right of your keyboard you have a button that says " prt scr "

pressing that button automatically pastes the screen image to your clipboard

the open the program mspaint (start->run=> type  mspaint and then enter)

hit ctrl + v to paste the screenshot into the mspaint file

then save as a jpeg. .gif or .png

For the purpose of a hub, you would b enow be done, simply use the photo cappsule add your new file

But if you wanted to show it in a forum post like the OP, then you would need to up[load the photo to an image sharing site like photobucket.com or imageshack....the site will give the link codes you would need to display your image in a forum

i didnt use to much jargon...good luck

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
        GeneriqueMediaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

A Techie Giving the Same Information:

I'm going to assume you're one of them Windoze lusers, so here's an easy way to do it!

On the top right of your standard QWERTY input device there is a key with the caption "PrntSrn"

By depressing this key your computer is taking what you see on your visual response equipment and storing it into Random Access Memory.

Next, find the application called "MS Paint" in the start menu of your taskbar.

Now depress the keys ctrl+v to have the screen shot you just input into your RAM appear on the screen again in the MS Paint application.

Now you can save it in a format that most represents your needs. I like PNG, because it's open source. Open source stuff rawks! You shouldn't even be using Windoze, Linux is the best!

Just some humor. No insults intended. wink

1. sunforged profile image70
          sunforgedposted 15 years agoin reply to this

answer the same question and have a company with the same goal, what gives?

"Sunforged is a national collaborative of Artists, Promoters, Campaign Managers, Models, IT Professionals and various Creative Geniuses.

Also providing all that such a collaborative entails to clients, ranging from start up companies to multi-national corporations

Sunforged follows a strict eco-conscious business model, offering environmentally friendly alternatives and services to its clients"

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
            GeneriqueMediaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Finally, someone gets the joke. wink

Thats really the point. Don't you find it funny how vague corporate mission statements have become?

In answer to your question, I invite you to read this article I have written.

In essense, while I have parodied a corporate mission statement on my HubPages profile, its nothing less than a (albeit sincere) sardonic look at the crazy stuff press people put out. My dissertations on humanity, economy, and currency can give you more clues as to why I think a lot of the ideas I spiel in my profile can be pulled off.

4. Martin95 profile image59
      Martin95posted 14 years agoin reply to this

you just press the button called print screen ( Prnt Scrn) you should find it above F10. it takes a picture of the screen.

7. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

Good for you!!!!! Keep it there and keep us posted .:::::::::::big_smile

8. quicksand profile image81
    quicksandposted 15 years ago

Wow! The best result I've managed so far is, page one out of 219,000,000. It's not one of my hubs though. smile

9. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 15 years ago

Before doing a victory dance you really need to ask yourself "how many people are actually using this search term?"

Well, what might not be rendering as many pageviews as expected might be expanding upon in this term for the season. It's now Spring and becoming Summer, and well its a Summer search term. All I know is its a reliable steadily increasing amount week by week.

358Million on page one is the closest I have ever been to a number over 200million before, so that's why I'm celebrating, some people find the smallest tasks something to celebrate about, like there first 25 fans etc..

If someone comes when we find a term and get on the front page and share it feedback that slaps them in the face for an accomplishment, why should they keep posting at all?

~thranax~

1. darkside profile image63
        darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I ask a question because I raise a valid point. If you feel it a slap in the face then you're missing the point entirely.

Going to the park is a generic phrase, and shows a lot of results. But those results are pages which contain those common words. It is no indication of its popularity as a phrase used by people in real searches.

My question was simple: How many people are actually using this search term? If you don't have the answer to that question that's fine, it's just a shame that the time and effort you've invested in dwelling on this success could be better spent towards nailing search terms that will get you quality traffic.

Do a search on Google for celebrating useless keyword victories and you'll see the point I'm making.

Thats how you view it. I wrote this hub as a true writing, I didn't research keywords or anything first. It brings in traffic everyday, I have some hubs that get Zero for a few days at a time. Sure, Darkside, your totally right, the traffic isn't as great as it should be. For ways of daily traffic it did increase my daily traffic by about 10% of the total. The reason why I celebrate is most things I write I don't apply extra SEO to. Not only that I can't find many terms I'm on the high top 5 in that isn't small. My art hub about Pixel art used to be 1 out of like 200million if you typed in "Pixeling Art" and it did good. Now the term is its on search results. It's #1 out of 197,000-not a great accomplishment.

I'm celebrating the consistency of traffic and that it's so high out of so many results. I'm not saying it for total view amounts, I'm not saying it for generating profits. It's a self accomplishment I wanted to share with people-that's it.

And to keep up with what you see as "Useless celebration" I hit 1000 Form posts here before this post!!!

~thranax~

PS: "celebrating useless keyword victories" Take steps slowly, for all you know I will take all the bad keywords 1 by 1 till it reflects the same as good keywords all together then I will get to the good ones; a castle isn't built in a day, but stone by stone-and this is a huge stone of accomplishment as to seeing it is the foundation to the rest.
          -thranax

2. Dottie1 profile image62
      Dottie1posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi Darkside, I was just wondering what tool you use to find this information.  If you know of one would you care to share.  I had one with my website but since I cancelled the website, I am now looking for another tool.  Can you help?

1. BristolBoy profile image62
        BristolBoyposted 15 years agoin reply to this
        1. Dottie1 profile image62

Thanks soo much BristolBoy for that link.  smile

2. darkside profile image63

BristolBoy has hooked you up smile

1. Dottie1 profile image62

smile

10. Paula Andrea, MA profile image78
    Paula Andrea, MAposted 15 years ago

wow! wow! Wow! Heart be still. I can't even imagine what that would be like. That is so wonderful {out of so many many many others} Great job. You must be doing something right. over and over and over Keep going.....

11. Andromeda10 profile image67
    Andromeda10posted 15 years ago

Congratulations! I am awaiting your results too! YEY! It's going to be a "Hubber World!"

12. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 15 years ago

Congratulations!

Most people will search "going park girlfriend" which will give you even better results.

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

How do you know this?

2. darkside profile image63

How did you draw that conclusion?

13. Lgali profile image57
    Lgaliposted 15 years ago

Congratulations.

14. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

Results 1 - 10 of about 3,490,000 for "going to the park". (0.31 seconds)

Still, nothing to cough at I think.  Number 2 on the page when I searched just a moment ago. smile

Great job, thranax.

Thanks Gamergirl smile

~thranax~

15. Undercover Lawyer profile image73
    Undercover Lawyerposted 14 years ago

Congrats on the ranking!  I'm getting about 30 hits per day on one of my Hubs.  Funny thing is, it's not the one with the highest hubscore.

I also use the Fireshot plug-in for Firefox to snap pictures of the screen.  In addition, I use Jing, a stand alone program that's put out my techsmith (I have NO affiliation with them). Jing is free, too.

16. k@ri profile image85
    k@riposted 14 years ago

Thranx, That is wonderful!  WoooHooo!  smile

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn65/once_04/thpppcongrats2.gif

17. Journey * profile image67
    Journey *posted 14 years ago

Congrats thranax!

18. Angel Of Love profile image63
    Angel Of Loveposted 14 years ago

Does that equates to high HubPages traffic?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)