jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Can I block specific ads?

1. Shinkicker profile image92
    Shinkickerposted 2 years ago

Do I have the ability to control the ads on my Hubs.

I see a lot of ads for Israeli commerce which I certainly do not want on my pages. Is it possible to filter ads?

2. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

No. But if it's really important to you...

You can drop HP ads and do strictly AdSense. Then utilize the AdSense ad-blocking tools. I think they only do blocking at the network level, but I haven't worked up the energy to check that in a long time. It will probably take some work and experimentation to accomplish your objective. And depending on how pervading the ads in question are, it might not even be possible.

And if you are successful, my guess is it will only apply for when your 60% share of ads are showing. The HP 40% will party on as usual I believe.

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This is true.  Only when your ad codes are controlling the page will your ad preferences come into effect.

3. DanielMarcosi profile image85
    DanielMarcosiposted 2 years ago

I doubt that you can control the ads that appear on your hubs for the simple reason that Hub Pages ultimately decides which ads appear on their general site. The advertisers pay Hub Pages to show their ads, so there's no way that they would want their ads not appearing on certain hubs. Hub Pages evidently doesn't have a problem displaying the ads in question, so I would be surprised if there was any way to filter-out ads that you disapprove of. And I'm pretty sure that whatever you signed when you joined Hub Pages probably had some caveat that said that they can display any ad on any hub.
    Of course, you can drop ads altogether as previously mentioned, or you can leave Hub Pages, but my guess is, other sites like Hub Pages would work the same way regarding which ads are shown.