DELETE button on comments

1. SydneySilver profile image80
    SydneySilverposted 2 years ago

I'd like to ask for a way to delete our own comments made on other people's hubs.

Sometimes you might post a comment then decide the information was wrong or you no longer believe in it. I dont think our comments should be written in ink, they should be erasable -

currently, I don't see any way to delete our own comments off other people's hubs. the full control over that is up to the hub owner and sometimes they are not responding or don't care.

Please let me know what you think

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

As @relache mentioned there is a period of time after you post that you can edit or delete a comment.

The terms of use outline comments as content that is not removable, except in rare occasions (legal reasons like a trademark infringement is one example).
      See the "DEFINITIONS AND SERVICE DESCRIPTION" section specifically.

Part of that logic is that if you post a comment, then someone responds and you then delete your initial comment, it might make the subsequent comments seem out of place.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 2 years ago

You have a window of time where you can edit or delete your comment on other's Hubs.  But after that, you have to live with what you said, like what happens with non-virtual, verbal conversation.