jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is the meaning of "excessive profanity" in HP TOS?

1. NateB11 profile image91
    NateB11posted 2 years ago

It's against HP's and Adsense's TOS to write on mature subject matter in which "excessive profanity" is used. Let's say you get a comment on a Hub in which the commenter used the F word once: Should you delete that comment or publish it? It's the only profane word used in the comment.

2. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

Delete immediately.

I've experienced lessser single words than that which got ads disabled in a heartbeat.

NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's exactly what I was thinking. Better safe than sorry. I'm going to delete the offending comment.

3. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

I'd be on the fence on that one not knowing the context.  With it being only one word, it might slip by - but seeing the word that it was, I would probably not post the comment. 

If you know the commenter and can explain the situation and ask them to repost their comment sans F-bomb that could be a way around it. 

I have used tame curse words in hubs - one even in a title - but it was a humorous piece and there was nothing even remotely adult about it.  The Fbomb though I think trips filters pretty easily.

NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

That makes sense, Christin. My best bet in this case is just to delete the comment.

working