jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Hub Score Weirdness

1. Act 3 profile image90
    Act 3posted 2 years ago

Hmmm, made a couple of very minor edits on my highest scoring hub.  I think I moved an Amazon capsule and maybe changed a word or two. A day or two later now, I just noticed the hub score went from the low 90s to 79. So, are the scoring standards changing or is it just arbitrary depending on who does the scoring?

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

Your post caused me to check my one and only hub I updated today.  Yep, damn thing knocked down 10 points.

1. kenneth avery profile image83
      kenneth averyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Well, as for me, I went through this one time and I do not feel like it (mentally) to do this all over again. I am going to stay in my cave and write. That way, no shrapnel can hit me.

1. weezyschannel profile image85
        weezyschannelposted 2 years ago in reply to this

love the response! I  agree tired of going back through

3. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 2 years ago

So should I be looking at hub scores? I never do. I just look to see whether or not my hubs are featured and if they're getting views. I thought that like our hubber scores, hub scores are assigned by some mysterious and wonky alogrithm that is meaningless. Should I concern myself with hub scores?

4. weezyschannel profile image85
    weezyschannelposted 2 years ago

yes, I just asked a question right after you did or I wouldnt have asked it! My scores are in the low 70s and quite a few in the 60s...getting depressed! All the work and I have never had such low hub scores..Still lot's of page views and comments, doesn't seem to matter. Google still recognizing on first page first position on some hubs I've had for a while..those scores used to be 98, now they are 71

5. janderson99 profile image86
    janderson99posted 2 years ago

These comments are very disturbing. People should not be frightened to upgrade their hubs. Time for HP to fix this problem and to fix hubber score as well.

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Totally agree. And along with all the other detriments, it takes the joy out of everything.

1. weezyschannel profile image85
        weezyschannelposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Well, I must say, that a lot of time goes into publishing these articles. I am not the best writer by no means, but I do put a lot of thought and time into what I am writing.  It does seem that my scores have plummeted and it makes me frown when I log into my hubs and see the low scores that I so try to keep up . It almost feels like a slap in the face.  I am not complaining by no means, but it does sting a little.

working