jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

HubPages Announcement: 728x90 Ad Is Now Being Shown To Signed In Users

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image85
    Marina Lazarevicposted 2 years ago

You may have noticed today that the ad at the top of Hubs on signed out view is now being shown on signed in view as well. Due to technical reasons related to the HubPages Ad Program, we are displaying that ad on every Hub view for the time being. Signed in views represent about 1% of total Hub views, so this will have a negligible impact on overall ad earnings. If you want to hide the ad, you can click on the "x" button in the top right hand corner.

1. bethperry profile image89
      bethperryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, that thing is annoying as heck.

2. noenhulk profile image58
      noenhulkposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I didn't know about this until I checked in. Hope this resolve soon.

2. EricDockett profile image96
    EricDockettposted 2 years ago

Marina, I just saw this on my Hubs, and I'm wondering if you guys have noticed that the drop-down menus fall right over this add. It seems like this has the potential to result in a lot of accidental clicks.

It's actually making me a bit nervous.

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image85
      Marina Lazarevicposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Eric, we'll monitor the clickthrough rate on that ad closely to see if accidental clicks increase. We're pretty confident that there is enough buffer space around the menu and that accidental clicks will not be common. There are no header drop down menus in signed out view, which is were 99% of ad earnings come from.

1. EricDockett profile image96
        EricDockettposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Okay. I'll just have to be careful. Thanks for your response!

3. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

Marina. Since we are talking about ads, feel free to put up-to-five of them on my profile page; to be displayed to both signed-in and signed-out users. No video or animated though; I don't want my visitors to hate me. big_smile

working