jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What qualities does a hub need to be suitable for adverts?

1. Amy Naylor profile image88
    Amy Naylorposted 2 years ago

So I've been accepted by AdSense and have been on the program for quite some time now. But not all my hubs have adverts on them. I understand that the newest hubs won't have been monetised yet because they're very recent but some of my older hubs haven't been given adverts.
    Is there something I need to do manually to make sure ads show, or are these hubs simply not of good enough quality? They're all featured hubs, though in fairness they don't all get a huge amount of traffic so perhaps this has an effect on whether or not ads show?
    Thanks in advance for the help.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

I just randomly looked at several of your Hubs, and they all appear to have ads on them.

Do you have ad blocking software on your computer?

Amy Naylorposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Odd, thanks for clearing that up though. I do have adblock, but I've set it to allow ads for certain sites, and HP is one of them. It seems strange that it would block ads on some of my hubs and not others so I'm not sure if that's what it will be.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
        Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Ads are not served from HubPages.com so white listing only that domain is still going to be blocking ads that run on Hubs.

I would suggest disabling ad blocking software.

Amy Naylorposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Ah okay, I'll do that.
          Thank you very much.

working