jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Tips on reviving an old hub

1. Ms Chievous profile image79
    Ms Chievousposted 7 years ago

Does anyone have any tips on reviving an old hub?   I find that some of my articles are slipping to the bottom of the barrel.  They had their popularity when they were first created and now they are not getting any hits at all.  I have gone back through and added video, new pics and new tags and even updated the content to freshen it up, but still it is stagnant.  Maybe I am not getting it to audience?  any tips?

1. Abhishek87 profile image75
      Abhishek87posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I also tried doing these things and although it gave me a bit of an increase for a day or two, it went back to what it was. I guess it may be because the topic is not in demand. Try checking how many searches your topic gets in a month: 

2. 0
    multimasteryposted 7 years ago

That's just how traffic goes up & down sometimes.  Sometimes a topic may be in hot demand during a particular time or season and then  it drops off and you just have to wait for it to pick back up gain.  Updating from time to time - and adding new content may be help.
    Also you might want to try reshuffling the grouping of your hubs by sandwiching the low traffic ones between the high traffic ones in hopes that they'll pick up wind.  I tried this and it worked a few times.

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Now that is a great idea, How do you shuffle them??? smile

1. Stacie L profile image89
        Stacie Lposted 7 years ago in reply to this

hey that's what I'd like to know too. How do you shuffle hubs around?
        Anyone? hmm

3. BristolBoy profile image82
    BristolBoyposted 7 years ago

Im guessing by shuffling it just means the order within a group.

4. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Do you mean re-categorize them? hmm

5. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

He was talking about putting them in between , you know like a sandwich:D maybe he means re-categorzie but would that make sense???/ dunno......smile

6. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

You shuffle your Hubs around by going to your list of Hubs and selecting "Edit Groups".

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Marissa, Thanks Bunches I honestly did not know how to do that!!!big_smile