jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

URL won't change if fixed immediately.

1. brakel2 profile image88
    brakel2posted 2 years ago via iphone

After I typed title with misspelled word, I tried to immediately fix it before I went further. It won't fix it as, it has in past. Is it best to unpublish if it happens again?

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image75
      sunilkunnoth2012posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I too have the same problem that once I made a minor error (in spelling). I am unable to edit the permalink.  So I am waiting for some answers here. Pls help.  Also like to know is  there any problem if we go with the wrongly spelt permalink and title.

2. RachaelOhalloran profile image93
      RachaelOhalloranposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Make a new hub, and try either inserting a comma, a dash or a colon - something to set it apart from your last URL but still using the same title.
      I use my name on many titles and I use a dash or a colon when I've made an error so I can keep the same title.

Good  Luck

3. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Once a URL has been established, it cannot be changed.

1. word55 profile image82
        word55posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you can. Once the URL is saved the only way to change the title that you want is save your content, delete the hub with title you don't want, wait until it goes away (up to 24 hrs) and then republish your hub with the title you want... It is always good to proofread your title before moving on.

1. Cardisa profile image90
          Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

He said URL. You cannot edit the Hubpages URL, that's what he means.

2. word55 profile image82
    word55posted 2 years ago

You may need to delete the link, wait 24 hrs until it is gone and start again. You can't change it once it is saved.

3. Marie Flint profile image90
    Marie Flintposted 2 years ago

Work slowly. If you have not clicked "Continue" after selecting the category for your hub, there is still time to edit the title. Once, you hit that "Continue," however, you'll have to delete the hub to change the title. It's in your best interest to do this before entering text because copying and pasting can be quite time consuming if you're too far into completing your hub.

Also, in an earlier forum (I've forgotten who listed it), but a suggestion was given to simply type a few tag words for your title for the URL, especially if you're not sure what you want the exact title to be. This actually makes your "title" more likely to show up in search engines. After the URL is established, you edit the title to whatever you like (of course, you want your hub to be the same topic as your tag words in the URL). By the way--be sure to spell your tag words correctly!

4. Drake Slade profile image82
    Drake Sladeposted 2 years ago

why don't you just unpublish the original and then copy all of the work over to a new one with the correct spelling in it?