jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

Gutted!

1. danjutsu profile image61
    danjutsuposted 7 years ago

So here I am thinking that I have done my best Hub yet, The Power of Suggestion and its got zip, nada, budkus, zilch, Oh well, should I stick to writing about ladies stockings?? Just goes to show what the World Wide Wank is all about. Power to the purple.

1. JamaGenee profile image88
      JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Patience, danjutsu!  Sometimes ya get the traffic, sometimes ya don't.  Kinda like LIFE.  cool

1. Elena. profile image88
        Elena.posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ain't that the truth!!  Spoken like a true philosopher! big_smile

1. Laughing Mom profile image59
          Laughing Momposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Actually, based on her avatar, I think she's a fashion magazine editor.  big_smile

And Danjutsu--I agree with the others.  Don't worry so much about your traffic, and just write.  That'll get them there.

1. JamaGenee profile image88
            JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Drats!  Busted!  Just kidding - had to give up the editorship - took too much time away from hubbing and blogging. (Well, that's better than "Nah, it's CJ Stone in drag" or "AEvans with her hair up".) cool cool cool

2. Jewels profile image80
          Jewelsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Profound thoughtforms!

2. Abhishek87 profile image75
    Abhishek87posted 7 years ago

Yeah, that does happen, although I haven't written many hubs but I can see that if you are new you can either write what you feel is good or have traffic smile

3. Shirley Anderson profile image85
    Shirley Andersonposted 7 years ago

Don't despair, Danjitsu, it takes time.  You'll get there the longer you are in the community and the more hubs you write.  smile

4. 0
    SirDentposted 7 years ago

Some of my earliest hubs are only now starting to get some traffic. I think it helps if you don't really care how much traffic you get. Just write and let it work.

5. danjutsu profile image61

I think I am getting the idea. As the great Frank Zappa once said " shut your mouth and play your guitar". I shall ignore the way the wind blows and write how I feel. Thanks for giving me a nudge in the right direction.

6. mandybeau profile image60
    mandybeauposted 7 years ago

I like your writing, but if you want traffic see what a sexy Indian Woman Hub can do haha, they rush to those ones, well someone does.
    I wrote one and people were racing to read it and essentially it was utter crap.
    Mandy
    These days I write about google adsense, that is until they take their ads off my pages, or pay me.  I am a non conformist, and like being totally controversial.
    Keep up writing how you are.
    Cheers
    mandy.

7. danjutsu profile image61

Thanks for the encouraging advice. I shall ignore the numbers and just enjoy my writing.

1. goldentoad profile image60
      goldentoadposted 7 years ago in reply to this

that's right forget the numbers, and do what feels right my man

8. Bard of Ely profile image88
    Bard of Elyposted 7 years ago

Yes, just enjoy the place, Dan! Hubpages has many mysteries and what happened to your message in my Wreckless Eric hub is another one that as yet no one has answered! lol
    But if you want definite traffic keep writing the sexy ones!

9. Jewels profile image80
    Jewelsposted 7 years ago

I just visited your hub on Power of Suggestion. If I worried about numbers I'd have left a long time ago.  But the friends are great and I'm not going anywhere.  Enjoy first, traffic later.

working