Is there a way....

1. Valeant profile image89
    Valeantposted 2 years ago

I've done a search on a few topics already to see if hubs already existed and found nothing.  Then I spend the time to write a hub and get the duplicate message.  Is there a way for the search to be more inclusive of hubs and not just questions pertaining to topics?

1. 0
      sheilamyersposted 2 years ago in reply to this

One common mistake people make is to create a hub using the exact information they have posted as a blog somewhere else on the internet or they publish the hub and immediately copy/paste it to their blog. I'm not sure if that's what you've done, but if so the hub will get marked as duplicate material. As Relache said, duplicate means that information already appears, word for word, at another page on the internet, not just here at HP.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

If you get a duplicate content warning, the system is telling you that it is finding material on your Hub which is already, word-for-word, published on the internet.

If it's a notice that you can't use a certain title because that exact wording exists already here, you're just going to have to put more effort into creating unique titles.

As for specific search, you can make your search just pertain to Hubs.