jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Ability to Reject Followers

1. LongTimeMother profile image98
    LongTimeMotherposted 2 years ago

At the moment we can reject fan mail but as far as I can see we cannot reject being followed by individual hubbers. Instead of being forced to have our work drawn to the attention of individuals who simply sign up yet have no active role in hp (other than following other hubbers and perhaps copying and pasting our work elsewhere), I think it is in the interests of all hubbers to be able to either accept or reject followers.

1. LCDWriter profile image95
      LCDWriterposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This might cut down on the number of plagiarism issue HP faces too.

1. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I wrote for a decade on a site where there was no such thing as following.  I got plagiarzied.  A lot. 

Please explain the proof you've discovered that followers lead to plagiarism and how not having them will stop it, because I'm not following your logical thought progression as you've laid it out here presently.

I don't think I warranted the somewhat snarky reply.  It was an offhand thought, not an academically researched answer.

1. LongTimeMother profile image98
            LongTimeMotherposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi LCDWriter. I agree with you - in more ways than one. smile

I'm guessing you noticed that I'm not suggesting stopping all followers ... just having the ability to approve or reject 'individual' followers. Heck, they could be automatically approved by default - as long as we had the ability to remove them one at a time if we choose to. I certainly wasn't suggesting removing the opportunity to follow, and my impression is that you were aware of that.

Your logic is perfectly fine. lol.
            Thanks.

Thanks, LTM!

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

As someone who was here when this feature was first implemented, I'm pretty sure the first request for blocking or removing followers came shortly thereafter.  They pop up from time to time.

The fact that followers got invented about six years ago will tell you how successful those pleas have been.

working