jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Google analytics.

1. Raine Law Yuen profile image84
    Raine Law Yuenposted 2 years ago

I have just registered by hub page with Google analytics and received a tracking number that starts with UA.
    Does this mean that I am automatically registered under universal analytics?.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, Raine, that's right. If you have just signed up for the first time, you will not need to upgrade to Universal Analytics. You should already have it. smile

2. word55 profile image82
    word55posted 2 years ago

Yes, Google/hubpages have automatically done it for accounts that have opened within the last 12 months so the newcomers and many older ones with a UA account need not upgrade.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image95
      Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

OMGosh Word -- if this is true you just relieved me from a lot of stress. I always find Google instructions are written for techs, not normal people. Thanks !

1. Raine Law Yuen profile image84
        Raine Law Yuenposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Phylis, it's good to know that there are others who feel the same way I do.

2. Raine Law Yuen profile image84
      Raine Law Yuenposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Ah thanks for this feedback, appreciate your prompt response. I felt a little foolish trying to upgrade but did not see the upgrade prompt - so spent half the evening wondering what I was doing wrong. Finally plucked up the courage to ask - now I feel a fool for not just asking to begin with.  Note to any newcomers. It's better to ask than waste vaiuable time.  There are such good and kind and helpful  people like words55 on HP.

3. word55 profile image82
    word55posted 2 years ago

Don't feel foolish at all Raine, the time you spent has helped thousands of others who've been trying to figure out the same thing. Even I, one day was spinning trying to figure it out when I was like, duh, the UA number is already there. Duh!!! :-)

Me, too -- Duh !

1. word55 profile image82
        word55posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yeah Phyllis and Raine, something to laugh out loud at then have a sigh of relief.  We're in. :-)

Wooo hooooo !!!  LOL

working