jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Final HP payout before $50 threshhold has been reached

1. 0
    ExoticHippieQueenposted 2 years ago

Ive searched the forums, answers and questions but see none for this problem. I'm closing my account at Hubpages very soon and have not earned the minimum $50 threshhold to receive my payout, and I'm not going to. How do I get my final payout?

1. Sed-me profile image84
      Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You don't... If you don't reach the $50, you don't get paid. I recently closed my acct at something like $38. That money is gone... in fact it was really never there. It doesn't become real, in a sense, until you hit that 50 dollar mark.

2. DrMark1961 profile image90
      DrMark1961posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Instead of closing your account, why donĀ“t you write some articles that would be helpful to people in the Chicago suburbs? You could write "The fastest way to reach the Field Museum from ...." (I do not know which suburb you live in), "The best restaurant in ....", "The best Chinese restaurant in ...", "Where to go shopping for the best buys in Chicago", etc, and come up with at least 40 or 50 articles that would get good traffic from people that live in your area.
      You will be making hundreds in no time.
      Or close the account. If you do not feel like writing things that will help people looking for information, you will not get any traffic and will not be paid for your work.
      Your call.

3. brutishspoon profile image64
      brutishspoonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

They paid me on my old account when I had less then $50 but that is because I kicked up a fuss and made them.
      My advice is to not close down the account and do as DrMark1961 says.

2. goddess888 profile image84
    goddess888posted 2 years ago

You only get paid when you reached $50. I have been inactive for quite a number of years. It took 3 years before I got $50. Lol

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 2 years ago

The answer to your question lies in the Terms Of Service, which I'm even more convinced than ever that I am the only user of the site who's ever read the damn thing.

You close your account with less than $50, you forfeit the money.

lol. I think that's why we are all so dependent on you. I'm surprised HPs hasn't issued you your own secret service protection.

1. relache profile image88
        relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Did you ever see the photo of me with the staff from when I met them?  I'm so short I could just duck behind Paul Edmondson and boom...invisible!

Ive always wanted to be one of those girls. I'm 5'8. My mom was proud of being tall, Ive always been a little embarrassed by it. You may be tiny, but you have a big personality. smile

working