i'm so confused....

1. ddayao profile image60
    ddayaoposted 8 years ago

im pretty new to hubpages...and i just discovered that i need to put in affiliate ids to earn money

this is what confuses me...when i first signed up for my affiliate ids...they asked for my website...so i put

hubpages.com..then it asks for my URL

so i put my first blog entry..so its like hubpages.com/hub/jilted-by-sirloin
    was that the wrong thing to do? does it only track anything for that particular blog? or is that somehow attached to every single blog i create? and if i put in the wrong URL..what should i have put in there? please help..im so confused and frustrated...lol

2. retireyoung profile image58
    retireyoungposted 8 years ago

If you don't have another website, then this should be fine.  If you really want to make money online, you should eventually try to get your own domain and website going.

Hubpages is a good way to learn about making a website and getting traffic.  Don't be too discouraged if you don't make much money here.  Try to work out what you can do to make something popular and what you like to write about.  This is the first step to making money.