Google Analytics help

1. Danette Watt profile image88
    Danette Wattposted 2 years ago

Like many others, I'm in the process of changing to UA instead of GA. But here's a problem. A couple years ago when I set up Google Analytics, apparently I wasn't able to. I tried to paste in that tracking code they told me to (and I thought I did) but nothing ever got tracked.

I'm so confused! Do I go back and put in this GA tracking code, then start over with UA? Am I already transferred? Why wouldn't I be able to track all this time if I kept putting in the code but now I see I never was? Confused!!!

This is what I see:
    Tracking ID
    Last checked: Jul 10, 2014 9:46:18 AM PDT
    The Google Analytics tracking code has not been detected on your website's home page. For Analytics to function, you or your web administrator must add the code to each page of your website.
    Learn more
    Website tracking

This is the Universal Analytics tracking code for this property. To get all the benefits of Universal Analytics for this property, copy and paste this code into every webpage you want to track.
    This is your tracking code. Copy and paste it into the code of every page you want to track.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I checked your account and do see that a Google Analytics code is associated.
      The blog outlines the steps to switch to the new program here. … s-account/

If you have further question please contact us at team at hubpages dot com.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Try the bug thread for people having UA/AdSense problems, you will want to get in on this discussion,