jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

How Does the Hubber Score work?

1. Soumya Mukherjee profile image86
    Soumya Mukherjeeposted 2 years ago

My hubber score has suddenly dropped. I have no idea how it happened. Will it anyway affect my earnings or the traffic flow?

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image79
      LuisEGonzalezposted 2 years ago in reply to this

In two words....it doesn't...the hubber score that is. It's been a headache for over two years and no one seems to be happy with it.

2. poppyr profile image94
    poppyrposted 2 years ago

You can read all about stats, hub score and hubber score here.
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubs … d_13970188

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 years ago

That score has been heavily debated, lobbied against and otherwise controversial for years.  The site (understandably) doesn't tell all its secrets regarding the formula.  But many of us notice that if we do something 'good',' such as write new content, it inexplicably drops. 

Some people (me, for one) believe it should be a hidden number.  I feel it's akin to openly posting grades or something - which makes it counter-productive. Can see the benefit of having a number visible only to the Hubber, and offering a popup with tips that say, "You can improve your score by doing XYZ."   Or, "Scores need to be at least XXX before the no-follow restrictions are lifted." 

As it is used now, it offers no real information to Hubbers, and it's sometimes embarrassing for those who see a huge drop, but are great Hubbers & don't know why it declined.

4. Chinaimport profile image87
    Chinaimportposted 2 years ago

The hubber score is based on a composite score of all your hubs and your activities within HP community, which includes forum posting, asking and answering questions.

Your earning is determined by the number of visitors coming to your hubs.  A lower hubber score does not necessarily lowers visitor flow to your hubs.  However, all links in your hubs become no-follow once your hubber score drops below 85.  Poppyr has pointed you in the right direction for more information.

5. janderson99 profile image87
    janderson99posted 2 years ago

The Hubber score has been busted for over 12 months. Despite thousands of requests HP refuses to fix it. HP tells authors to ignore it. What a silly statement. HP seems to enjoy tormenting people with this score that changes willy nilly for no apparent justification. There is no rhyme nor reason for the roller coaster ride to oblivion. Recently anyone who edits their older hubs gets punished by having their hubber score drop - that makes no sense. If HP are not willling to fix it then it should be exterminated. It appears HP are hell bent on getting all hubber scores for older authors below 85 so they can make all their links nofollow. Come on HP how about offering support for the community!!!!!

6. Soumya Mukherjee profile image86

Okay, now I get it. I was simply worried because after I submitted the latest content, it suddenly dropped to 85.

7. Soumya Mukherjee profile image86

My hubber score is increasing again smile