Help for a new hubber

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (24 posts)
  1. CidoCido profile image60
    CidoCidoposted 9 years ago

I'm little bit confused. I wrote 7 articles, all of which are long and good quality contet, well illustrated, featured. Nevertheless in sum of all views in one month I got less than 200. Also only three people started following me and I never receive any kind of comments. Everything would be great but I saw few hubbers writing only one or two articles (which weren't amazingly well) and still having more followers than me and receiving several comments on that only hub. I just want to know what am I doing wrong and how could I improve?

1. PegCole17 profile image93
      PegCole17posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Since you asked for help...It could be that topics like quantum entanglement or quasars are not frequently searched. Google does not "trust", rather your hubs show up in searches that come from people looking for answers or information. Another key might be to check for spelling and grammatical errors such as missing verbs, etc.. Try to give it some time, it may take about 6 months for hubs to really take off. Read the hubs from other people and leave comments. That also helps.

1. Penny Johnson profile image60
        Penny Johnsonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

thanks so much for your helpful comments appreciate it

2. profile image0
      swilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi CidoCido! You have great articles! My advice is not to become discouraged. It takes time to generate an audience, and it also depends on the subject matter if more people are curious about a certain subject views will go up.
      Original content is important as well, which prevents repeat articles that discuss the same topic over and over again. Nonetheless you have a  unique appeal as a writer, you should continue to write about subjects that interest you. With time you will see a positive change.

2. Barack James profile image93
    Barack Jamesposted 9 years ago

I can see you have 3 weeks in HP--- Most Hubbers with big following and many comments have been around for a while and have invested lots of time in here. As I know it, the views may be less since the source of traffic is from HP or fellow Hubbers--- new contents don't get much exposure from search engines; old contents do: For now, just do the quality work you are doing and it will be rewarded later-on. For comments; I block mine for spammers... as much as comments are good; I don't believe its very essential smile

CidoCidoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I will do my best. Thanks for your advice!

2. CidoCido profile image60

Hmm I also noticed we are in a very similar situation. Would it be to much if I asked how many views your hubs gathered ?

3. Penny Johnson profile image60

thanks so much I will continue too keep on writing thanks so much for your comments

3. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 9 years ago

Don't worry about followers if your goal is income. Followers are nice and make things fun around here if you're looking for online friends, but if you're interested in earning income from your hubs, the main thing you want is views from outside of HubPages.

Lots of people plug their articles on social media; traffic from Google and other search engines is also valuable.

Traffic takes time. It is a working and waiting game -- you pretty much have to do both. Build up your account, and wait for Google to learn to love you. Once you have built up a larger body of work, say around 50 articles, Google will start to trust you more and start to send you more readers. Keep writing, build up your account, and give your articles titles which are what someone might type into a search engine. Social media can help with views while you're waiting to be discovered by search engines (and beyond that).

I like your comment thanks am new starting out and I have 2 published so far am just learning has I go thanks so much for comment helps new hubpages people like me .I am going keep trying on here and stay with it .Thanks again

4. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 9 years ago

What makes you a better expert here compared to other sites writing on the exact same topics?

If you are writing material that is going up against career writer-scientists creating articles for huge organizations, and all of those folks have years more experience and are being paid to do what they do after earning multiple science degrees... Why would someone come here to read about black holes versus a big astronomy site run by an international organization of scientists?

Are you saying anything that can't already be found somewhere else?  One of the best ways to breakthrough topically is to say something unique and have info no one else has.

Who said I'm a better expert? And why do you think career writer-scientists would write more intriguing hubs ? Your attitude towards scientific articles is pathetic.
      There are dozens of papers of new information released everyday - that's my source. That's also work of scientists you were talking about. Believe me they don't just post newest information on something like hubpages. It would be too formal and too confusing for most of hubbers to understand. Then there are freelance writers that convert this information to suit commercial purposes. That is something I do. And there is no point in searching a niche that has completely no competetors.
      "Are you saying anything that can't already be found somewhere else? " - this actually made my day. If you think your recipes can't be found anywhere else, I have bad new for you...

5. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 9 years ago

I didn't write those questions as a personal attack, although you are welcome to think that.  I never tell people what to think, just if I think their line of reasoning is bad.

My questions were things I thought you should consider in response to your statement that you are confused that someone with only 7 Hubs who's not even been on the site a month should have some sort of imaginary performance response that you believe is mistakenly not happening to you based on some random observations about random other users.

Your questions were thoughtless, arguments - invalid and both comments - completely useless. I think things were better if nobody saw your cocky comments. Good luck with your recipes

Look am just new at this ok am sorry am not cocky person at all

2. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have one that pulls down twice as many pageviews in a month as all of your Hubs combined, so thanks!

You spent 7 years in here. And that's all you've got ?

this is my first day I will learn has I go still can't get nothing published yet try do what I can

6. Penny Johnson profile image60
    Penny Johnsonposted 9 years ago

thanks for information give it some time here I guess

7. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 9 years ago

This thread and the article linked in it may be of some use to you, CidoCido. Apparently, Google's three key components when evaluating a site are expertise, authority and trust or "EAT."

edit: Oops, somehow the link didn't post. Here it is: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/123211

Thanks so much for the help on here appreciate it so very much learning has I go my friends just keep on trying

8. pateluday profile image55
    pateludayposted 9 years ago

Keep going through your hubs on regular basis to find errors or ideas for adding some good content.

9. Pico Triano profile image88
    Pico Trianoposted 9 years ago

I'm new as well and I'm not pulling any better than that. I'm not worried though. I believe it will come with time and consistent continued work here. Most of what I hear from the veterans here tells me that I'm on the right track.

10. Oztinato profile image76
    Oztinatoposted 9 years ago

There is a large degree of the social media effect here. I personally dont have time for it but others get their friends and relatives to artificially inflate posts.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)