jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

How long should you wait to apply for google adsense?

1. S T Alvyn profile image88
    S T Alvynposted 2 years ago

I have done 10 hubs, but not all are commercial, does that affect their process.
    I dis apply and was rejected, but their own site is bad as it kept saying it had failed because I entered a phone number in  without the country code... then it went through without my knowing.
    It makes me wonder how capable they are, if they cannot manage their own site?
    Do you have to add the ad capsules, so they feel you can attract ads?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Some writers get approved with Google sooner than others, but in general, we recommend at least 20-25 well-written, in-depth Hubs of at least 800 words each before applying.

We take care of putting ads on your content, so you will only need to add Amazon or eBay capsules if you intend to earn from them as an affiliate.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Here's HubPages guide,

"WAIT! Before You Sign Up...

... We recommend publishing at least fifteen to twenty high-quality Hubs (entirely original, filled with useful, well-formatted information, containing at least 800 words and at least two images) before signing up for AdSense.

We have found that many Hubbers who are declined for having insufficient content often have not made it so far yet...."

3. The Examiner-1 profile image85
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

Since you applied and were rejected then you should not apply again until you have written another 10 Hubs. Have you applied for HP ads first?
    Check out this link: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/sign … d_13589401

4. S T Alvyn profile image88

Thanks I guess also this particular site has been up only a couple of weeks too

5. S T Alvyn profile image88

Yes, I read that after the pop up said apply after 10 hubs... which is on the account page if you click do you have an account...
    There is too much conflicting information and it's not something I want to spend too much time on. It wasn't my main aim but I wanted to get the account boxes all ticked and out of the way!

1. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You've only been here 2 weeks. Do not expect to be approved by google adsense until your hubs have aged. Write more hubs and wait a month or two before applying again.
      Also be careful with "commercial" hubs. The potential for getting flagged as overly promotional is strong.

1. S T Alvyn profile image88
        S T Alvynposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, this is more helpful... I have other blogs I have had for several years so I forget that from an outside perspective people look at length of a particular site as I just post and leave it!