jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Leaked document on Google EAT - Expertise, Authority, Trust

1. janderson99 profile image85
    janderson99posted 2 years ago

See  http://searchenginewatch.com/article/23 … rity-Trust

Experts preferred but
    'If it seems as if the person creating the content has the type and amount of life experience to make him or her an "expert" on the topic, we will value this "everyday expertise" and not penalize the person/page/website for not having "formal" education or training in the field.'

Page level checks for E-A-T are important when a website has different authors on different pages. This is the case for article websites or websites like YouTube, which have user-generated content.

2. Daughter Of Maat profile image98
    Daughter Of Maatposted 2 years ago

Looks like HP is going to be penalized yet again...

"Depending on the topic, the guide says, websites may not be trustworthy if:

•They allow "almost anyone to publish pretty much anything."
    •The contributors choose their own topics with no oversight, have poor writing skills or "absolutely no expertise in the topic of the page."
    •Contributors may be paid per article or by the word, and "may even be eligible for bonuses based on the traffic to their pages"

1. brakel2 profile image87
      brakel2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

We have to write on a topic, and it appears at top of hub. A writer must pass boot camp before approval to write. Most articles show expertise listed on profile page. Isn't this enough? The last one puzzles me. How can Google decide how people get paid? That could be too overbearing and worth a protest.

1. relache profile image88
        relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It's not even a beginning.  The people doing the evaluating here would have to be expert writers and expert writing evaluators.

What does this site use to evaluate writing?  Outsourced labor.

3. Brie Hoffman profile image80
    Brie Hoffmanposted 2 years ago

Very interesting.  I guess we should start alerting HP to remove poor articles again???

I wonder, too, if promoting your "brand" or "name" helps.  I have the same name on all my different websites..YouTube, HP, Pinterest, Google+, Facebook.  I wish there was one place we could enter our name and see the cumulative score.

4. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

Google absolutely, positively adores Wikipedia.

So it is in the realm of possibility that Goggle is or can be fond of HubPages.

Come to think of it, maybe that is the direction hub standards are going...

working