jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

New Hubber - Basic Content Building Question

1. David McHugh profile image78
    David McHughposted 2 years ago

Hi there - I'm a new Hubber that has found the system to be pretty intuitive to use; however one aspect of building content has eluded me, which on the surface seems as though it should be super easy.  Hence this request for help from more experienced users.

I am trying to build a hub that has consistent formatting throughout. Simple enough request, right?  I'd like to build capsules that have text on the left and an image off to the right in the upper right hand corner.  In fact, the very first capsule in the template that Hubpages gives you has this formatting; however I am finding no easy way to simply duplicate this capsule.  Also striking out on building it on my own -when I do it will give me text and give me an image but will only stack them on top of each other as separate capsules.  Arrrgh!

1. ChristinS profile image94
      ChristinSposted 2 years ago in reply to this

When you are in edit mode, go to where you organize and arrange content - double click the image capsule to shrink it and place it on top of the text capsule you want it to appear next to.  When you click a capsule in the "arrange content" section you can drag things up and down, double click the capsule and it will make it smaller, then drag to where you want it.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

You seem to be describing a text capsule next to a picture capsule that has been pushed right (using the small arrows at the top of the capsule).

3. The Examiner-1 profile image84
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

In case you do not understand that you can check out this: http://theexaminer-1.hubpages.com/hub/e … d_24875337

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 2 years ago

The guide to using every part of a Hub, and how all the bits can be customized, is linked below.