jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Check out my first Hub! Criticism welcome :)

1. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago
  2. Sally's Trove profile image100
    Sally's Troveposted 7 years ago

I wish I had this advice when I was a freshman in college.  Everything you say is of enormous value to kids approaching their college experience, or even to those who are in the middle of it.  The importance of the syllabus rocks!  I, too, had a professor who never mentioned the thing, except to say at the beginning of the course that if we didn't read it, we'd never pass.  He, also pulled that final paper business...this, of course, is sadistic.  But there are decades between you and me, so I guess this trick is some badge of egotistic...well, never mind.  That's for a comment on your Hub.

I'd look for another title, one that pinpoints the purpose of your words and appeals to the audience you want to reach. ("Freshman" could also refer to high school.)

Proofread for grammar, spelling, and other errors.  Your voice is loud and strong; don't diminish it by allowing faulty language structure.

Look for opportunities to illustrate your words more creatively with more appropriate photo, video, and even Amazon and eBay capsules.

Great start.  Looking forward to reading more from you.

1. Colebabie profile image60
      Colebabieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for the advice! I will look over the hub for errors. I'm sure there are quite a few! I'll think about what to change the title to. Maybe "Before you go to college..."?? Thanks again!

3. packerpack profile image61
    packerpackposted 7 years ago

I liked your Hub. You have given such valuable tips and have also put the whole thing quite well. However I did not find you using the tags properly. Just have a re-look to your hub