a capsule won't function

1. CatherineGiordano profile image95
    CatherineGiordanoposted 2 years ago

The text capsules seem to work fine, but the picture, polls, amazon, etc. capsules sometimes refuse to give me a cursor and I can not type anything into them.. This can happen 10 times during my work on a hub, and it really slows me down. I found thru trial and error that if I click "done editing" and then reopen the hub for editing, it will usually work again.  Does this happen to anyone else?  Why does it happen?  How can I stop it?. I use Windows 7 and internet explorer.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

@Catherine Sorry you are having trouble using the HubTool and editing your Hub.
      We are unaware of any issues that would affect authors abilities to edit their Hubs.

I tested using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11 and was able to edit a Hub using the HubTool and add, and alter both photo and Amazon capsules.
      So it sounds like you may be encountering a browser, computer, or network issue. It could be a computer resource issues as well (RAM, CPU, etc.)

I would suggest trying a different browser like Firefox to see if the issue persists (on my test machine Firefox loads faster than IE11).

Here are some other browser trouble shooting steps to try as well (clear cache, upgrade browser, restart computers, etc.)
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Diag … r-problems

2. CatherineGiordano profile image95
    CatherineGiordanoposted 2 years ago

Thank you Matthew. My Adobe Flash was up to date.  I have internet explorer 11 and automatic updates is checked so I presume it is the latest version.  I cleared the cache  so I will see if the problem persists. I plan to do some hubs this week.