jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)

How to be a Good Neighbor?

1. MotherHubber profile image61
    MotherHubberposted 7 years ago

I'm relatively new to Hub Pages, and I am just looking for tips on how to be a good community member.  I'm trying to write consistantly, and I've joined some fan clubs.  I am not that active on the message boards yet, because I feel like the new kid in class :-)  Any tips for me on what to do and (more importantly) NOT do, to be a good Hub Pages neighbor?

1. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi and welcome!!!! Read my article advice to a new hubber , as for what you should do , simply have fun!!!! Become a fan of others, and whatever you do make certain that your articles are not duplicate content and are original, there has been some recent plagarism which is an absolute no-no. Ask questions as someone is always willing to help you. big_smile

1. BDazzler profile image81
        BDazzlerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, that's always my first advice to a new hubber ... read AEvans hub "Advice to a New Hubber" big_smile

2. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Alright,I'll put my 2 cents in. I think as long as you come in the spirit of community and don't be confrontational,you'll get along great.Providing helpful tips and constructive criticism is usually welcomed.
      I try to be positive most of the time.
      BTW;welcome to the forum. big_smile

2. Abhishek87 profile image73
    Abhishek87posted 7 years ago

You should definitely become her fan, one of the best persons around smile And as Evans said, Have fun big_smile !!!

You are so sweet and I am glad that you and I are both fans as you bring so much to HP.smile

3. RKHenry profile image80
    RKHenryposted 7 years ago

I ditto.  AEvan became one of my first fans, so I wouldn't feel loney.  Thanks AEvans!  AEvans also brings a lot to the table in some of the forum's hot subject matter.  Mother hubber, do you like the forums?  I can't tell if they are a good thing or bad.

You are so welcome!!! I have also been reading your article they are great..The forums can be good and bad, it just depends on the subject matter, be careful unless you have an expertise on the subject or go into them with an open mind.smile

4. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I 5th that motion tongue lol ... welcome to HP, motherhubber smile we all jump around on Hubs and meet in the forums. You will enjoy your time here.

5. bgpappa profile image86
    bgpappaposted 7 years ago

I agree with everything said.
    I am fairly new myself and have noticed the more active you are in the forums and reading other hubbers and commenting, the more you get out of your time here. You read some good stuff and others provide good feedback.  Its the adage. the more you put in the more you get out of it.

Welcome.

1. RKHenry profile image80
      RKHenryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Your picture is so cool.  I'm on my way to your hubpage!  Love the picture!!

6. bgpappa profile image86
    bgpappaposted 7 years ago

thanks.

1. MotherHubber profile image61
      MotherHubberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Evans, Abishek, Henry, Stacie, Scribe & Pappa:

Thank you so much for answering my question.  Great advice, and I will try to follow it as best I can. 

I am so happy that I found a place to write - I have always loved to do it, and I think I was lacking the proper outlet.  Having a strong community and lots of support is giving me the confidence that I need to put fingers to keyboard.  I was even one of the featured Hubbers yesterday!  I thought that was awesome!  I was walking on a cloud all day!

Anyway, thanks so much for the support.  I will see you around. 

As for the forums, I am going to try to be brave and dive in. . .they seem so well established, it's kind of like walking into a conversation at a party when you've arrived late. :-)  We'll see how I do.

Thanks again, and all best.

MotherHubber

1. 61
        ladyvenusposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi Im just done editing my first hub. I did not click the published but after clicking done editing i did not see my Hub anymore. where could I possibly view it? or will it take weeks before it will be published for public reading.

Thanks you so much.

1. pauldeeds profile image
          pauldeedsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You can find all of your hubs here (or just click the my account tab).  A new hub will be available for public viewing immediately after you click the publish now button.

2. AEvans profile image70

You will do just fine, better to late then not showing up at all.smile

7. 0
    MBKLposted 7 years ago

Hello to All.  I am new to HubPages and have just begun responding to forum questions.  I responded to a question recently and felt my response was attacked by another hubber.  Aside from making people feel uncomfortable and unwelcome, this just seems like bad form.  If we are all part of a writing community, we should be able to write responses and express opinions without fearing attacks.  Otherwise, why would any writer want to participate?

1. BDazzler profile image81
      BDazzlerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Was it an attack or a misunderstanding?

8. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

People who can't stand opposing opinion are advised to stay away from public forums smile

working