jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Autoshare when a Hub is published?

1. joween18 profile image81
    joween18posted 2 years ago

Hi, hubbers... I've been busy researching things for my next hub, but I can't continue writing because of this particular thing in my mind.

I was thinking if only if, you can add an autoshare function on hubpages. That is, when a hubber published a hub, it will be automatically be shared or posted to their Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Linked In ? and Pinterest profile.

I know some authors might dislike this idea but, what if they were also given an option to use this feature.. like an on or off switch in their settings. Probably, this might greatly help hubbers that get the most of their traffic from social networking sites, like me.

I never run out of ideas about hubpages, like this one here:
    but hopefully this will be my last.. hehe  Sorry admins smile

One last thing, I noticed the update on the sharing buttons, they are fast and beatiful, I really liked it. And the preview button now has two views (is that new? I never noticed it since last day). Thumbs Up! smile

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image95
      Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi joween18.  I agree with all that Jan said -- it really is not a good idea to share hubs on social networks until after the hub passes QAP and is featured, plus you have looked it over for errors, etc.  Also, if you are interested in earning money from your hubs, the ads will not show till the hub is featured, so you could be losing a lot of earnings by sharing immediately after publishing.

2. janshares profile image87
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

I don't know, joween 18, if it would be a good idea to share a hub that fast. Waiting gives you time to give it another look after it passes QAP to see if you missed anything, eg., typos. I don't share my hub on social media until it passes QAP and becomes featured. I just feel more secure sharing a new hub after it's featured.

1. joween18 profile image81
      joween18posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Oh... I forgot that part.. I did consider that option smile
      Sorry for not being accurate. I mean your hub will be shared once it was approved QAP.

1. relache profile image88
        relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hubs should have to be shared intentionally by their authors.  Automation is too much like spamming.