jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

What has changed to amazon program?

1. snakebaby profile image73
    snakebabyposted 2 years ago

Today I noticed my amazon program was displayed as "not active", so without hesitation (whatever happened), I activated it.

Then I realized that the amazon id is not the one I used before, the one that is associated with my amazon affiliate program.

I searched the forum, seemed there was zero mentions about any possible changes to amazon program. I now was left wondering how this actually works.

Anyone give me a clue please?

Thanks!

1. Au fait profile image94
      Au faitposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The Amazon program was changed a few months ago making it easier to sign up and make money for most hubbers.

Here is the general info on the Amazon program:  http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/crea … te-account

Here is the program through the HP Earnings program:  http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubp … am-and-ads

The HubPages Earnings Program enables you to:

Accrue revenue from several different affiliate sources on one place
      Enjoy a lower minimum payout threshold ($50)
      Receive winnings from HubPages contests and special programs
      Earn from premium ads on your Hubs via the HubPages Ad Program

Read it all carefully.  Hope this helps.

snakebabyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks a lot for the insight:))

2. Kathleen Odenthal profile image94
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 2 years ago

I personally have not noticed any changes, I am curious however to see what others say.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Now that you've suddenly changed, you can't switch back, but for those who haven't joined the HubPages version, they can still run their own Amazon affiliate codes if they wish.

snakebabyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Is that really the case? Why did HP has to show "not active" under amazon program without any other information, just to make you blindly join their own version? I really don't like the way this was done.

Not sure if one is better than the other or no difference after all.

Thanks for the info anyway:)

1. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

They don't show it blindly with no other info, unless you don't understand what you are viewing.  There're two slots shown, one for in-house affiliate setting and one for external.  If you are on the in-house, that will show active.  If you are still doing the external program, the in-house would say inactive but also includes a note that shows your own code is active in the external program.

I may have misspoke about Amazon, but the guidelines I'm finding state you can run one or the other and do not speak of being able to switch back and forth between the two programs.  If you would like to point me to instructions that say otherwise, I'd be glad to know where those are.

1. ologsinquito profile image95
          ologsinquitoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

relache, Thanks for the clarification. I assumed we could opt out again if we wanted to. However, the in-house program seems to be working well.

4. ologsinquito profile image95
    ologsinquitoposted 2 years ago

relache, I am happy with the in-house Amazon program, but I thought we still had the option of switching back to our own program. Has that changed?

5. Engelta profile image46
    Engeltaposted 2 years ago

My Amazon is active and doing well. You should check if you changed anything in your Amazon account, or you changed the amazon earning program, or your paypal add. Good Luck either way smile

working