External Affiliate Settings - Google AdSense - Association Disabled

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)
  1. Pollyanna Jones profile image96
    Pollyanna Jonesposted 9 years ago

Good morning! I recently joined HubPages thanks to being directed here by a friend. I've been busily chucking out articles, with 5 now completed, and another 6 in progress.

I am afraid I am very new to all of this, and am just trying to navigate my way around the site and how it all works.

I've got to the point whereby I am trying to set up my advert settings. A couple of days ago, I filled in all the details for the Google Adsense External Affiliate Settings. This morning I have seen the following note appear on the My External Settings page;

"Association Disabled by You or by Google for TOS Violation"

I've gone in to the Configure page of this item, and a Warning appears;

"It appears that your Google AdSense Account, with the publisher id [I've removed this for obvious reasons!] is no longer associated with HubPages. Your application may have been rejected by Google, you may have refused the association with www.hubpages.com through the AdSense Third Party Access Page, or your previosuly approved account may have been disabled due to violations of the Google AdSense Terms and Conditions. You should not apply again, as each person is only allowed to have a single Google AdSense Account. Please review Google's Disabled Account FAQ for further steps that you might take. If you have simply refused the association, you may be able to change that on the Google AdSense - Thirdy Party Access page or by clicking "Next" below."

Should I be worried?

I haven't done anything that I know of to violate the TOS. I'm a respectful internet user, but as I don't feel I know what I'm doing yet, I'm a little nervous that I've done something I shouldn't have by mistake. I have activated the Amazon External Affiliate Settings and inserted some links to products in my Hubs.

I don't have any of the HubPages Earnings Program Settings activated yet. My understanding is that I could choose one of these at some point? I was going to select the Amazon Program once the Google AdSense was activated.

Now I am confused!

Do you have any suggestions on how to overcome this? Many thanks.

1. CarolynEmerick profile image83
      CarolynEmerickposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think it may be just that Adsense rejected you. Check your email for any emails from adsense or try logging in through google, I think it's adsense.google.com or google.com/adsense and look for any alerts.

Getting approved for Adsense takes time and it's a pain in the rear when you keep getting rejected. I'd apply again at 11 articles, if they still reject you try again at 15. You might be able to apply directly through the adsense website and use your personal website, I've heard it's easier to get approved using a blog or website, then you can apply your account to HP. **Or also, when you finally are approved to Adsense through HP, you can then use the same account to put google ads on your own website.

The Hubpages ad program won't let you activate it until Adsense is approved. It's weird. You don't really make much from Adsense, and you can log into google to see those adsense earnings separately. It's the HP earning program that makes more, so I'm not sure how they work together or why they make you be approved to Adsense before you can earn through the HP earnings program.

You can definitely earn through Amazon in the mean time. I do well with that. I don't bother with eBay though...

PS - After I was approved for Adsense on HP, I eventually started using it on my Weebly website, they have Adsense widgets that are really easy to use. HP earning program earns the most, but then Adsense on my personal website earns a lot more than Adsense on HP does...

I think they have something where if you say yes to adsense but no to HP program, then there are less ads overall on your articles and they are all google adsense, and you would be paid directly by google, and you would watch your earnings by logging into your Google adsense account. Whereas if you say yes to HP program, there is only one Google ad on your articles, and the rest of the ads are handled by HP ad program. This is why if you say yes to the HP ad program, you get paid very little with Adsense.

WHY they make you be approved by Google before you can do the HP program, I do not know!  But the benefit of the HP program is that you get paid by views, whereas Adsense you get very little from views and it's mainly dependent on if people actually click on the ad, which happens less often.

I hope this didn't confuse you more.

To try to be a little more clear... HP earning program pays by views. Adsense pays per click. When you get approved for Adsense, you definitely want to turn on HP earning program because it def seems to make more, and you will track earnings from that and Amazon right here on HP.  But then you can use your Adsense in other places like your website and earn independently there as well.

2. Pollyanna Jones profile image96
    Pollyanna Jonesposted 9 years ago

Brilliant! Thank you, Carolyn. That made sense, and it's helped me understand that I haven't unwittingly violated any TOS. There was indeed an email, and you're quite right. I need to produce more content. So I'll be patient, get on with finishing some more Hubs, and try again at 11.

Yay! I was afraid I made it overly complicated tongue

3. Sallie Mullinger profile image62
    Sallie Mullingerposted 9 years ago

Carolyn: I too, have had issues with Google Adsense. It seems that when you join HP, there is a push for you to apply for Google Adsense, which I also did, only to get an email saying I was not approved for "insufficient content". I have 26 hubs posted, have had most of them featured and have already achieved a few accolades.

I am being told that no one gets approved right away. That we should re-apply after about 6 weeks!

Im confused and dont understand since it was my understanding, that in order to get paid for my hubs, I must have AdSense. The entire thing has left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)