jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

HubPages Announcement: Changes to Broken Links

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
    Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago

Later this afternoon, we will be implementing a few changes to the way broken links will be displayed on Hubs. You can read about the details in the latest Blog Post.

The gist is that if you have any broken links that have not yet been fixed, you may notice that they look different, and that a broken link warning appears to readers when clicked on.

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

And while we're at it, give the HP paymaster a hug for me.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
      DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I read the blog post.  What about broken links contained within a 'links' capsule?  Or will only those in the body text of the hub be marked?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
        Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It will apply to both Link Capsules and in-text links. smile

3. Nagabhyru profile image60
      Nagabhyruposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good move from Hubpages, this will bring better user experience.

2. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

I am pleased to report that I am broken-link free, leastwise until the next one comes along. big_smile

3. janshares profile image88
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

I just fixed mine right before I saw this post. Now I understand why it took me a while to spot it since it doesn't have the broken link statement highlighted at the top of the page in edit mode anymore.

I had to click on every picture and link before I found it. It ended up being a video that ABCNews won't let me use anymore (okay, maybe I was lucky to have it that long) and an in-text link hidden in a paragraph with a line drawn through it. That's what gave me a clue that this link was the culprit. I deleted the whole paragraph since it was directly related to the link (lost word count but oh well) and changed the video with a much better one anyway.

Thanks, HP! big_smile neutral

working