jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

Anyone else getting less earnings for the same views?

1. Thomas Swan profile image93
    Thomas Swanposted 2 years ago

My traffic this week is about 5-10% lower, but my earnings are about 30% lower. Is this just because fewer people are buying things at this time of year?  Is anyone else seeing the same sort of trend? Perhaps I should write some holiday hubs...

1. oz-vitez profile image82
      oz-vitezposted 2 years ago in reply to this

My views have been way up over the last two months. [redacted due to violation of terms of use]. Impressions will most likely be higher in July when compared to June.

1. Brie Hoffman profile image81
        Brie Hoffmanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Where do you find your CPM?

1. oz-vitez profile image82
          oz-vitezposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Earnings > Ad Program Reports (blue link 1/3 down the page) > top box labeled "Ad Program Summary"

1. Brie Hoffman profile image81
            Brie Hoffmanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks

2. moonlake profile image87
      moonlakeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

My views and money down from last month.

3. Buildreps profile image94
      Buildrepsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Thomas, I also saw the relation in the past between traffic and earnings, my traffic went up last three months with 400%, but my earnings didn't went up equally, I think just with 200-250%. How this mechanism works behind the screens - I have no idea. I think our American colleagues may have a clue when they wake up:)

1. DrMark1961 profile image91
        DrMark1961posted 2 years ago in reply to this

The big difference here and that B site is that here when they tell you $50 it means $50. On B, they may tell you $50 but sometimes it means $0.

2. AngelaRM profile image87
    AngelaRMposted 2 years ago

Yes, I am too, I don't know what is going on. My views are up but my earnings are down. It doesn't make sense because what I earned in google vs hubpages one day, it didn't reflect on another day when I got more money in google and then less in hubpages. I don't know if you understand that, but I definitely think that earnings are less than they should be. Something is not adding up.

3. incomeguru profile image87
    incomeguruposted 2 years ago

The same thing here, traffic down, earnings down as well. I think we should concentrate more on back to school stuff. Happy hubbing!

4. Barbara Kay profile image84
    Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago

I'm happy to see it isn't just me. I think it depends on what advertisers are willing to pay. The time of year it is probably influences it.

5. Brie Hoffman profile image81
    Brie Hoffmanposted 2 years ago

My views and my traffic are way up..I'm just hoping they stay that way.

6. e-five profile image94
    e-fiveposted 2 years ago

Mysteriously, sometime in early-mid May, my traffiic dropped 40-60% across the board.  I'm down to where my traffic was a year and a half ago, when I had 10-15 fewer hubs.

7. paradigmsearch profile image87
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

August is going to be as grim as July.

Meanwhile, I was on straight AdSense for the month of July. I did the math and I'll be switching back to the HP program later this week.

1. janshares profile image88
      jansharesposted 2 years ago

Yes, Thomas, I noticed this for July. As a result, I'll likely miss payout next month by a few dollars. Bummer. I do think it's the time of the year, less people searching and clicking, and no one's buying online as much.

2. Thomas Swan profile image93
      Thomas Swanposted 2 years ago

Thanks for the replies. It's good to know I'm not the only one. I had no idea Hubpages provided CPM data, so thanks oz for showing where that can be found.

working