jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Should I untweak?

1. 0
    LisaKeatingposted 2 years ago

Yesterday I tweaked my lowest scoring hub. I added an in-text link to a government website and changed the first photo to a "Made for Pinterest" pic. I used the same picture as another one of my hubs but added a different title. I now have two red up arrows but the hub score dropped 5 points. What's up (or down in this case)? Should I go back and get rid of the changes?

1. kenneth avery profile image83
      kenneth averyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Lisa, you got me. I keep learning and learning each time I click on a New Forum subject. Thanks, Lisa. I am sure that Jodah or someone at Team@hubpages.com will help you. And would you tell me what this means. Thanks.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago in reply to this

As long as your subdomain isn't being threatened with the no-follow scenario, ignore hubscore. smile

3. susi10 profile image94
      susi10posted 2 years ago in reply to this

HubScore doesn't matter at all, it is only a rough indicator of quality. Your MFP will reward you a lot once the Pinners see it! smile

4. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

There are many factors which influence HubScore, but the best thing to do is ignore it.  It is NOT a measure of the quality of the Hub, or of its potential for getting traffic or earning income.  Just ignore it.

2. 0
    LisaKeatingposted 2 years ago

Thanks all. I won't worry about it. I thought maybe I just did something wrong that everyone else knows not to do.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

I would ignore the temporary drop in the score. It will go back up as more people view the hub.

4. moonlake profile image88
    moonlakeposted 2 years ago

This happens to me when I change photos or add more, the score always drops, but seems to come back up later.