jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (17 posts)

Thank you TV news!!!

1. electronician profile image94
    electronicianposted 2 years ago

I have a hub about the Dark Net for beginners which is at the top of google search results and normally gets a few hundred visitors per day. Last night I noticed the TV news was running reports about the Dark Net saying the number of people using it to buy illegal drugs had gone up a lot in the last year, then when I logged in to hubpages this morning I'm seeing over 9000 visitors in 24 hours to that one hub! Wow! Never had a traffic surge like this before.

Thanks TV news!

1. ChristinS profile image93
      ChristinSposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's awesome smile congrats!

2. Sed-me profile image83
      Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Wow! Good for you!

3. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Whoa! Congrats!

4. firstday profile image78
      firstdayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's great!

5. FlourishAnyway profile image94
      FlourishAnywayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Well deserved!  Congratulations on the bump in traffic!

2. Bharath Sunny profile image66
    Bharath Sunnyposted 2 years ago

Wow.! I've never seen such thing before.Congrats,BTW

3. Barack James profile image86
    Barack Jamesposted 2 years ago

Kudos! You deserved that traffic --- the hub is still informative after that long, trying the browser:)

4. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

Congrats! It's a wonderful feeling when one of your Hubs suddenly takes off like that... I wish it would happen more often.... smile

I had a similar traffic bump this week (on a slightly smaller scale than yours) on my "shark movies" hub due to the hype surrounding the premiere of "Sharknado 2." Now that the movie has aired, the views on that Hub are already dropping back to normal, comatose levels but it was nice while it lasted. big_smile

5. electronician profile image94

Thanks guys, I'm sure it will go back to normal quite quickly but it was super exciting to see such a massive number, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what my earnings look like big_smile

6. G Miah profile image84
    G Miahposted 2 years ago

Congrats! That's a great achievement! It's always good to hear about people being successful with their writing.

7. janshares profile image87
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

Oh, that is such good news! Good for you, electronician, way to go . . . viral!

8. susi10 profile image94
    susi10posted 2 years ago

Way to go! Congrats to you, electronician. That's amazing. It's nice to see that people always look for more info after they watch a TV program. big_smile

9. Barbara Kay profile image85
    Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago

Congratulations! I hope i keeps it up for you for awhile.

10. Kimberleyclarke profile image86
    Kimberleyclarkeposted 2 years ago

Nice one! smile

11. The Examiner-1 profile image83
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

Congratulations electronician! That is amazing!

12. electronician profile image94

Thank you all for your kind words, and Susi10 - yes it is kind of encouraging that so many people actually take the time to research about something they see on TV and don't know much about.