jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Stolen Hubs

1. Jean Bakula profile image96
    Jean Bakulaposted 2 years ago

I wrote a hub Negative Astrology Sign Characteristics in Jan. 2013. I see that a person named Shawn Davies has it posted as 12 separate posts on his Google + account, copied word for word from my article, just spread out more. I commented on each of his 12 pieces and asked him to take them down rather than have me file a DMCA.

Then I got a nasty note from Google + telling me I violated terms by pointing out he stole my work. I want to explain and correct this, but each link just leads to another rule list and there is no place to report what actually happened. I am so disgusted with this kind of behavior, now I'm the bad guy for pointing out he plagiarized my work.

Google makes it harder and harder to report anything, all I found was an endless amount of links that led to more rule lists. I think he took them down, but maybe he just blocked me from his Google + Account. I was led there thru HP, I don't follow him. He clearly just cut and pasted, isn't there anything HP can do to stop people from doing something as simple as that? My article is the summation of 35 yrs. worth of experience in my niche, and this isn't happening to me on other sites. I consider coming back here, but what's the point?

2. skear profile image91
    skearposted 2 years ago

The easiest way to file a DMCA complaint with Google is to use their Legal Troubleshooter.  It will help you find the correct form to use to file your complaint.

https://support.google.com/legal/troubl … 4905?hl=en

There is an option for Google+ on the first page.  After selecting which part of Google+ the violation relates choose the option "I have a legal issue not listed above".

Personally I have content stolen from both Hubpages and my blog.  They seem to go after popular articles in general.

Jean Bakulaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you skear,
      I was frustrated enough, and then all the links on Google didn't seem to lead anywhere. Plus now he apparently flagged all the 12 parts of my article he took, and acted like I was harassing HIM, though I only asked him to take down my work so I didn't need to file against him.

3. Suzanne Day profile image97
    Suzanne Dayposted 2 years ago

I'm not sure what you can do if you can't see them at present on Google+ from being blocked or whatever. The good news is he isn't making money from them on there, only if they led back to a blog or something. Next time do not bother to leave a comment. Just file for DMCA the minute it turns up.

Jean Bakulaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for commenting, Suzanne,
      Actually, the link and directions skear described here led me to an actual form to report exactly what happened, and I did file a DMCA. I could only get into his Google + A/C if I wasn't logged in, but got in, and he did take my writing down.

It wasn't money, I don't make much here. It's the nerve of taking a hub that took hours to write and was the culmination of many years of study, then to have someone casually take it, and get 12 posts out of it that got more traffic than my original hub, though it was a well liked one. How can people live with themselves when they just copy your work word for word? And it wasn't a subject he seems to care about, none of his other posts were about that.

So thanks for answering, both of you. Clicking on Google "I have a legal issue not listed above" helped me file the DMCA, so he won't do it again. And now I know how to navigate it better. I got a "warning" though I only requested he take down my work from his A/C (12 X though, since he split it into all those posts). Google should get it's act together, and go after the real crooks.