jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)

Hubscore going up/down

1. 1weddingsource profile image60
    1weddingsourceposted 7 years ago

hi everyone,

can anyone explain to me what is the reason why a hubscore is going up and after awhile it goes down.

Thanx. I'd love to read what you know about this and if ever hubpages provided an explaination somewhere, can you share it with me.

Marcy

1. RKHenry profile image80
      RKHenryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah Marcy, I've been wondering the same thing.  Can anyone help with that minute by minute hubscore changes?

2. Paula Andrea, MA profile image27
    Paula Andrea, MAposted 7 years ago

I, also, am interested in learning the process of how the hub scores are calculated. thanks.

3. AEvans profile image69
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

Go to page 2 of this topic and there is a previous forum that has many, many answers you will find. You can also go to the little grey box in the upper left hand corner that says "Help" there you will find quite a few answers that you are looking for. If you cannot find them I am certain that anyone one of us will be happy to answer the (unanswered questions).smile To all Welcome to HP !!!big_smile

4. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago
    1. 1weddingsource profile image60
      1weddingsourceposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Britney please read the above guidelines of hubpages. relache shared it in this forum. it will help you a lot. It made me understand the reason behind up/down trend of hubscores. it has useful info as well.

1. britneydavidson profile image60
        britneydavidsonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

thanx ....i will have a look.....

2. RKHenry profile image80
      RKHenryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hey thanks everybody!

5. Paula Andrea, MA profile image27
    Paula Andrea, MAposted 7 years ago

Thank you both, I shall read, study and apply.

6. 1weddingsource profile image60
    1weddingsourceposted 7 years ago

thank you for sharing what you know. i've read all the answers in page two and now i can say i understand a bit of it.

7. britneydavidson profile image60
    britneydavidsonposted 7 years ago

yes i am having same problem....it was 87 gone down to 75...i need help...please.....

8. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Britney, in your case it is most likely excessive fanning activity. Look at robertkelleher and the other one lbtsb something, don't remember exactly - you will end up right there if you continue this path...

1. britneydavidson profile image60
      britneydavidsonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

ok thanx for your suggetion but some hubbers have fans like more than 500...eventhough their scrore is more than 98...or something....well i think you are right and i might work better on it now...thanx for your kind help misha....really appriciate...

9. Abhishek87 profile image76
    Abhishek87posted 7 years ago

Hey Misha, Regarding the excessive fanning activity..... But there are people with less hubs and a lot of fans (if thats what you meant by it).. I mean (hope you don't mind) you have 14 hubs and over a 1000 fans..... Is your score up because of your participation on the forums.... Then there's GT with 4 hubs and so many fans .... ?? A bit confused here

1. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't think fanning is looked at in relation to the number of hubs. Of course nobody have exact information except staff, but my educated guess would be it mostly depends on the number of people you are a fan of vs the number of people who are your fans, and on those fanning expeditions BD performed lately - as you can see in their hubtivity. smile

1. Abhishek87 profile image76
        Abhishek87posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Allright, got that, saw BD's profile and understood what you mean..... Will try to keep my expeditions in check smile

Thanks a lot  smile

10. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Doesn't some of the fluctuation come from posting new Hubs that start out with a lower score unless/until they move up and get a higher individual score?  Doesn't that lower score affect the average until the Hub gets a higher score, or is averaging of all individual Hub scores not done?

I've always noticed that when I write a new Hub my overall Hub score drops a few points for a couple of days (which makes me think, "Oh, rats - I shouldn't have written that."  Then a day or two later, I'm back to my "mostly usual" Hub score.   I've just always assumed that's what happens.

11. britneydavidson profile image60
    britneydavidsonposted 7 years ago

so that means i have to start quiting from may fans profile?

working