jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Following a hub

1. abidareacode profile image50
    abidareacodeposted 2 years ago

While going through FAQ I read "Following excessively or indiscriminately may lower your HubberScore". When I reads a hub it may lead to another link and so on which may or may not attract my attention.So if it feels well I may follow them.Then following excessively may appear to be a restriction to me.What to do then?

1. Knightmare Golem profile image94
      Knightmare Golemposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Spammers tend to follow (the specific follow button) hundreds of hubbers in short amounts of time.  Usually to try and get them to follow back, and get their spam read by more people.  Simply clicking through multiple links and following where it leads isn't an issue, and neither is following people's posts that you enjoy reading.

abidareacodeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Knightnare.I am back in forum after a ban (I don't understand the reason as told 'self promotion'.).So I am afraid of more such activities as forums are one of my favourite places.So the above information created a dilema as I followed many writers in last week.

2. 0
      sheilamyersposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I've never heard of this so I'm glad you mentioned it. I'll be following this post to see what other people have to say. Maybe the reason I never got the warning or heard about it is because I haven't clicked to follow a lot of people in a very short period of time as mentioned by Knightmare.

sheilamyers...A cat once fallen in water will fear when it sees water again!! I am back in forums after a ban. So I have to be more careful here before doing anything. So I sat and read the whole FAQ and in between confused seeing this. That is why I put it here.

2. Barbara Kay profile image84
        Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Following a lot of people at once makes your hubber score go down.

2. LongTimeMother profile image98
    LongTimeMotherposted 2 years ago

Hi. If your ban was for self-promotion, did you perhaps include a link to one of your hubs (or external website) on a forum post?

As for the excessive following, some people will follow 50 hubbers or more in quick succession - obviously just trying to get hubbers to follow them back. That's a waste of time and effort. If you don't do it, you should be fine. smile

Thanks Longtime Mother. Yes , the reason for my ban was told to be self promotion. So I now keep away from giving the link of my hubs and will do only after getting a clear cut idea.

working