jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Spotted a Hubpages Mirror Site while Searching..

1. joween18 profile image80
    joween18posted 2 years ago

Hey hubbers, admin and staff.. found this site, while searching for my own articles on Google.
    Check this out: sport [dot] aliexirs [dot] ir

This site does not copy the contents, however, they mirror the entire hubpages site, I can see myself logged in while visiting the site.

Any ideas about this?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image95
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

You should contact the team immediately about this.  This is not the first time this has happened, but if you let them know, they will do what they can to get the site taken down.  This damages all of us because it can steal page views from us...ie, revenue!

2. The Examiner-1 profile image83
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

When I looked at it, it had to be translated. I thought that it in was something like Arabic but I saw that it said 'Persian' after I hit 'translate it'. After a Google page opened it seemed to mention 'Social network Facebook', plus I saw a lot about ads and the so called Home page opened up something selling watches. I could not get much more from it.

1. joween18 profile image80
      joween18posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Probably one obvious trick would be like, a jquery pop-up saying that site has been copyrighted by hubpages, blah, blah.. then when close the pop-up, multiple triggers are triggered, things like windows and new tabs with full of advertisements...

It's pretty lame trick, for my own point of view.. This site must be taken off.
      And you are right, this is Arabic.. I can tell because I've seen lots of this characters on liveleak.

3. chakravarthyds profile image84
    chakravarthydsposted 2 years ago

just like The Examiner-1 said I found "Rolex watches" ads
    on it.When I clicked on the Index, it led me to a site called Facenama.com
         I could find nothing more than that.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image83
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I saw Facenama mentioned somewhere but I did not go to the Index.

4. shelpeare profile image85
    shelpeareposted 2 years ago

This is an Iranian site hence the “ir” at the end of the domain name instead of dot com.”  The site operates out of Tehran, Iran according to whois.domaintools.com which gives a name, phone number, address and organization. According to Alexa.com most of its traffic comes from Iran. Below is a list of 18 of its subdomains:
    aliexirs [dot] ir
    sport [dot] aliexirs [dot] ir   
    elmi [dot] aliexirs [dot] ir   
    darman [dot] aliexirs [dot] ir   
    ravanshenasi [dot] aliexirs [dot] ir   
    news [dot] aliexirs [dot] ir   
    amozeshi [dot] aliexirs [dot] ir   
    sargarmi [dot] aliexirs [dot] ir   
    varzeshi [dot] aliexirs [dot] ir   
    mosighi [dot] aliexirs [dot] ir   
    ketab [dot] aliexirs [dot] ir   
    aliexirs [dot] ir   
    behdasht [dot] aliexirs [dot] ir   
    it [dot] aliexirs [dot] ir   
    game [dot] aliexirs [dot] ir   
    nojom [dot] aliexirs [dot] ir   
    music [dot] aliexirs [dot] ir   
    zdtyloz [dot] aliexirs [dot] ir
    Unfortunately it is presently ranked 15,513 in the world so this is serious.

5. joween18 profile image80
    joween18posted 2 years ago

Any update about this? Any actions?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If a site has copied your copyrighted material without permission, then a DMCA NOI is likely appropriate.  Keep in mind that the owner must issue such a notice (not HubPages) and that the DMCA is a US law so you may have trouble getting people to respond who are in other countries.

You can find detailed information on filing a DMCA NOI in this Learning Center Hub.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … -complaint

6. watergeek profile image92
    watergeekposted 2 years ago

I wonder what Iran's censorship laws are like? Do you think this might be the only way good information can get to the Iranian people? By someone in Iran copying it over on an Iranian site?

1. chasmac profile image99
      chasmacposted 2 years ago in reply to this

No, it's not. Iranian people can visit our hubs just as freely as we can.