Hub Stats - no more Traffic Rising and Traffic Falling stats

1. 0
    BlueOceanViewposted 2 years ago

I am not understanding the point of the traffic rising and traffic falling stats.  Is it used by hubpages to see if they will keep your article featured?  If so, than I see that as an unfair way to make that decision.  Why?  Because traffic will rise and fall a lot.  The only way to keep traffic going for a long period of time is for the author to constantly advertise, which will end up costing a lot more money than an author would ever make on hubpages.

Otherwise, I don't see the need to have an arrow showing me that my hub has a few less or a few more visitors than yesterday.  That is the nature of things.  One day I will get lots of view and other days I will not.  It feels like I am being pressured to keep my pages constantly viewed by the same amount of people everyday.  Which is not going to happen because I don't have the money to advertise and keep the traffic coming on such a consistent basis.

I can see by the numbers how many people visited each of my hubs.  That is all I need.  So, I say stop pressuring your authors and get rid of the traffic rising and traffic falling stats.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

You seem to be very new here and as such do not have a good grasp of what goes on with this site or how it works.

Those arrows do not exist for the purpose of pressuring writers.  They are simply an indication of how things are going in terms of daily page views, and most of us here like the arrows because they alert us to potential problems.

As for advertising, etc...what in the world are you talking about?  None of us here advertise our work other than to share it on social networking sites, which is totally free.

There are a few exceptions, very few, who pay to produce and disseminate business cards, etc...but they are the minority.

If you produce quality work that is searchable and readable, you will not have to worry about arrows or numbers.

1. 0
        BlueOceanViewposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi TimeTraveler2,

Thanks for your response.  That is good to know the arrows don't really mean a thing.  smile