jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Hub has more potential

1. Kain 360 profile image86
    Kain 360posted 2 years ago

I have a hub that gets around 100-200 views a day. For some reason, one of the words/phrases ranks better in Google; it is on the 6th position 1st page of Google.

I would imagine that I would generate hundreds or more views for that hub if it moved up in ranking for certain keywords/phrases etc. Would adding that particular keyword/phrase into my hub more times help increase rank? What other ways could I help increase the rank of the hub?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I don't know the answer to this, but would like to hear others' thoughts, as well.
      I recently took another another shot at a subject that has scored well for me, taking some of the same the keywords and using a different approach to the subject. 
      Adding words and phrases might work, but I am thinking that writing a whole new hub ( and even linking the two) might be another good approach.  Time will tell.

2. Chinaimport profile image86
    Chinaimportposted 2 years ago

You can go to your Google webmaster account and find long tail keywords that people are looking for when they visit your hub.  You can add a paragraph on long tail keywords or simply put them in your hub in appropriate place.  This will improve your chances of being found next time when readers look for similar keywords.

If you have registered for Google webmaster, go to your account: Google webmaster > Search Traffic > Search query > Top Pages.  I have also written a hub where it is explained in detail.

3. nancykapoor profile image61
    nancykapoorposted 2 years ago

Key Kain, it is good that your hub ranking well (Google Position: 6) in Search results. I would suggest to make ranking higher by syndication or sharing this hub on various high traffic platforms/websites such as say you do have Facebook, reddit, stumbleupon, delicious, Google+ & Linkedin fans channel of your's. So, promote/share that hub article with different titles in all social media channels. (specially to Google+). You can also submit to various "submit url" /content curation websites such as scoop.it etc. Don''t stuff with same keyword into your hub, that's bad one! Share the hub article in your Google+ profile.

Sharing Super technique is that write another new hub related to that topic and include the link of this hub into that to increase more visibility. This is called internal linking to pass on value from one page to another. This helps to gain more rankings. Hope above tips on implementation will surely help you smile

Kain 360posted 2 years ago in reply to this

What about posting the article in the comments section of Youtube videos (a relevant video)? Would that be alright?

I do not really want to share my articles on facebook because I don't want friends/family seeing them.

4. lobobrandon profile image81
    lobobrandonposted 2 years ago

Hey Kain, if you're just adding those words for the sake of the rank don't. If it doesn't appear in that sequence at all then you may want to add it a few times (based on the subject, length of the hub and more importantly it should still sound natural)

What Chinaimport says is one way to grow traffic and it's one of the best things you could do at the moment.

5. Jayne Lancer profile image92
    Jayne Lancerposted 2 years ago

I'd leave it as it is if I were you. It's doing well, and views will no doubt continue to increase.

It's quite possible that it's getting views through keywords you hadn't even bargained with. You can find out which keywords are working for you by going to your Webmaster Tools account if you've got one.

6. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 2 years ago

Is this phrase the one that you are getting the bulk of the views for? If it is the main attractor of views from Google and you do not have it in your main title I would be inclined to carefully modify your title to include it as this may just improve the ranking.
    Having it included more times within your hub may improve ranking but it may also have the opposite effect if overdone so be very careful!

Kain 360posted 2 years ago in reply to this

It's in the title, but it is not listed in article that much. And this hub is 2000 words. So I don't think adding the word/phrase would be detrimental unless I added it too much.

I fathom what hubbers say about keyword stuffing. Too many keywords are bad because you can get de-ranked if you "write for search engines" exclusively, instead of the readers.

7. pateluday profile image8
    pateludayposted 2 years ago

Yes one has to be careful inserting search terms they should occur naturally in the write up.