jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

I do believe the worst of the summer traffic pattern is over...

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

Back to school activity I guess.

Seems like the whole summer thing started just a few weeks ago. Time is flying by way too fast for me.

Twitter actually seems to be working for me a little these days. As a matter of interest, I tweet on average less than one hub per day I believe.

And I spam my followers with a hub on average of less than one per month; and it's always one of those public service announcement kind of hubs. big_smile

What say you? Things looking better already? Traffic tips/rants?

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image94
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm disappointed with most everything here and the other places I write.  I've got some old things that always perform well.....but I'm nearly certain it takes around a year or so now for something recently published to ever start to get ranked wherever it should be.

paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Sounds about right. Seems to have always been that way for me.

2. Solaras profile image91
        Solarasposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It's sad that the world has to wait so long, when they need my valuable information right now. lol

3. incomeguru profile image90
        incomeguruposted 2 years ago in reply to this

A year + waiting period before newly published content could be properly placed in search engine result pages does not make sense. Valuable content now being kept in waiting basket.

2. janshares profile image88
      jansharesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I concur, para. Things appear to be looking up. College students started returning over the last week or so. Twitter Tip: hashtag "BackToSchool" on pertinent hubs.

I do believe you have just caused me to tweet a second hub for the day. big_smile

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I never saw a summer slowdown this year, but I think it is because Google finally started doing a better job of indexing my travel related articles.  I am wondering, though, if things will change for the worst once summer ends!

I know a Hubber who does RV hubs that feels the same way.

2. OldRoses profile image87
    OldRosesposted 2 years ago

Because I write on gardening, my traffic is highest in the spring and early summer.  It's slowing down now as the growing season will soon draw to a close.

working