jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Best Way to Gain Followers

1. JustLivingOnline profile image81
    JustLivingOnlineposted 2 years ago

I am new to HubPages but so far have liked what I have seen, both from the format and the quality of writers on the site.  I am still in the process of getting material on my profile but would like to know the benefits of having followers, and if beneficial what is the best process.  Obviously quality content is key, but is there a process most of you use to gain exposure?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

The way you gain exposure here is to write often, participate in the forums and answer or ask questions when you can. 

This is how other writers here get to know you, but the real exposure comes from Google and social media. 

This all takes time... a lot of it...but if you write well and in a meaningful, searchable way, your numbers will grow and with them, your income.

Good luck here at HP.

2. firstday profile image61
      firstdayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

JustLivingOnline,

I think you found the answer by going on the forum.  I too am new and like you have 4 hubs up and going.  I will be your first follower.  By the way, I love tiny houses although my husband and live in a small place it is not a tiny house.  Welcome from follower number one.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 2 years ago

In all honesty, followers went through a huge boom-and-bust on this site as the users ballooned up in 2009, and the user pool is much smaller now.

All the users with huge numbers like me don't actually have large numbers of active followers.  The counts just never go down when someone closes their account, or is banned, or even if the account is deleted.

1. Raine Law Yuen profile image83
      Raine Law Yuenposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have a similar question. I have just completed my profile on google + and need to get followers. seems like social media is a whole new ball game - need followers to practice and expand my skill sets here - so please if anybody is obliging we will appreciate.

1. firstday profile image61
        firstdayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Raine Law Yuen,

We really can follow each other.  I looked at your profile and also your articles are of interest to me.  Also we both posted Einstein's picture for an article.  You wrote about intuition and vibrations.  I have been working on something similar.  This is exceptional.  Please check out my profile and hub articles.  Together we can really grow in hub pages by encouraging each other.  Nice to meet you. 

The new wave of people can be of help to each other.

1. Raine Law Yuen profile image83
          Raine Law Yuenposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for your encouragement and support.  I just read your article on asking - so its so appropriate for me at this time. Nicely written by the way. I hope people did not take it the wrong way. I should of maybe clarified a little - I was hoping that my followers would respond. I have just 1+ you on google+ - that is what I need - followers on googe+ with just one follower at the moment its looking a little lonely - although know I'm still relatively new like you - I do have some followers but I was not on google plus at the time - anyway I guess I'm one of those that have difficulty asking - but if you enjoy any of my articles please can you give it a 1+ and would love it if you can follow me.

3. susi10 profile image94
    susi10posted 2 years ago

Always remember the principle that on HubPages, people follow you because they are a fan of your work. Write about 20 high quality, engaging hubs before starting to follow anyone. I've noticed that no one will follow you if there aren't many hubs to read.

Don't worry about followers. They will come once you start writing interesting hubs. It took me 16 months to get 280 followers (I know it isn't much). So, accumulating followers over time is a slow process.

But, that process is exponential. It takes up to a year to get 150 followers but then the next year, you will have 300 followers. Then it doubles again and so on. The more you have, the more people will follow you. So that is very encouraging.

4. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

I only follow those who give me a warm, fuzzy feeling or are otherwise of a positive nature. big_smile

5. Max Dalton profile image81
    Max Daltonposted 2 years ago

I wouldn't even pay attention to the number of followers you have. If you're hear to make money, just write quality hubs and don't worry about it.

6. JustLivingOnline profile image81
    JustLivingOnlineposted 2 years ago

Thanks.  I was thinking the same.  Just didn't understand how followers fit in.

7. Max Dalton profile image81
    Max Daltonposted 2 years ago

It looks like you've only been here three days. Here are my thoughts on HP in general:<link snipped>

1. JustLivingOnline profile image81
      JustLivingOnlineposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Max.  I will read the article and try to figure it out.  I started the account almost as a way to just diary my travel experiences.  My hope is that others may find them useful.  Haven't really considered the monetary aspects yet, but if I could get enough for a free lunch once a month I would be content.

working