jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

If I were to delete a hub, would the stats from that hub still remain?

1. Amy Naylor profile image88
    Amy Naylorposted 2 years ago

I'm not planning on deleting anything, I'm just curious. If I had one hub that went viral and got me 100,000 views, earning me an accolade, would I still have that accolade if I deleted it?

1. lady rain profile image86
      lady rainposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure about the accolade but I know the stats for the hub's page views will disappear. It had happened to me before. In your case, your total page views will be 100,000 less!

2. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes you will lose the accolade and the count. If it went viral, it could do so again if shared in the right place.  I hope you've shared it on Pinterest and Facebook yourself also. Give it more time and it could do well on Google also.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image79
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

As @DrMark1961 mentioned, some accolades are based on published Hubs, so yes it can have an effect on views and therefore on accolades.
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#accolades

"Hub views for currently published Hubs (1,000, 10,000, 100,000, 1,000,000, 10,000,000, and 100,000,000)"

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
        paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago in reply to this

So that's why my 100,000,000 accolade disappeared. I'd been wondering. Oh, well. big_smile

1. Amy Naylor profile image88
          Amy Naylorposted 2 years ago in reply to this

He he he ;-)

2. DrMark1961 profile image91
    DrMark1961posted 2 years ago

Hi Amy, you would also lose the accolade. Several people have mentioned it in the forums in the past. They are usually sorry about deleting hubs afterwards.

3. Amy Naylor profile image88
    Amy Naylorposted 2 years ago

Thanks guys. Just to let you know, I don't actually have a featured hub that's gone viral, this was simply theoretical. You never know, I might need to know this in the future wink

4. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 2 years ago via iphone

Amy, your hubs are so good that those views are believable.

working